Uber - Good things happen when people can move, whether across town or toward their dreams. Opportunities appear, open up, become reality. What started as a way to tap a button to get a ride has led to billions of moments of human connection as people around the world go all kinds of places in all kinds of ways with the help of our technology.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Manager - Nigeria
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- The Nigeria Country team is at the heart of our drive to make Uber both big and beloved by the people that matter in the cities we serve - both now and in the future. We are on the front line when it comes to shaping regulation, advocating for our vision for urban mobility, striking strategic partnerships and celebrating cities in ways only Uber can.
- As the Country Manager for Nigeria you will play a critical role in building and nurturing various channels in your cities for Uber that will grow our business and raise our profile. This role will be the interface between the business and our key stakeholders in our cities (i.e. supply networks, customers, corporates, etc.).
- This is a particularly challenging and rewarding role: Nigeria has some big opportunities and can be a challenging market with complex market dynamics. You will need to deal with both businesses and business groups as well as helping with engaging local licensing and policy makers.
What the Candidate Will Need
- A minimum of 5 years in business management experience in operations, consulting, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area. (Rapidly changing environment, P&L ownership are a plus)
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgement - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyse it to get to the answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Creative solutions driven mindset - You have a "get stuff done" attitude and willingness to get on the ground to work with our stakeholders to make Uber a better experience for all.
- Effective project management - experience delivering on a multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
- Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, from negotiation to execution
- Local national candidates are encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date