Hobo Video is a vernacular fun video based localized community driven marketplace for billions of generation Z and millennials where everybody can earn.
We are on a mission to make online shopping real via video streaming in a language the audience is most comfortable with and to provide revenue streams to influencers and small sellers by making an ecosystem of video commerce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Writer and Moderator Intern
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Internship
About the Internship
- We are looking for a talented intern as Content Writer and Moderator to work along with the founders and leadership team!
- We are looking for a member to add to our team of entrepreneurs. This could be a HUGE opportunity for someone passionate about content writing and managing quality of content over the Hobo – working in a high potential growth industry, flexible hours and schedule, and working alongside founders and leadership team to learn the in’s and out’s of getting a hyper-growth business built, launched, and growing! We are extremely passionate about what we’re doing and want someone that is going to share in that belief and attitude.
- We value our interns as team members. As a Content Writer and Moderator, you get to be a part of the revolution! We are building delightful experiences for some of the best platform teams out there, and an internship at Hobo only means you envision, build, and ship for them. At Hobo, you can take on big responsibilities to solve some of today's greatest problems.
- If you want to learn how to write engaging content for the users, have an eye for creative videos, understand how organizations around the world work with data and solve problems, apply now!
- This is a very unique kind of internship where you will get to work on creative ideas for blogs to video creation to copy writing, deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers, and boost brand awareness and manage quality content being produced as UGC wearing multiple hats.
- Produce well-researched content for publication online and in print
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the organization's mission to inspire ideas and content
- Communicate and cooperate with a writing team, including a content manager, editors, and web publishers
- Own the video creation along with video editors and designers
- Make sure that content on the platform is being published with utmost quality by users
- Write content on major blogging and forums like Quora, Tumblr, Medium and Pulse.
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the content production team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs
- Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions
- Ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously
- Strict adherence to the style guides of each company and their policies for publication
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
- Proficiency with computers and applications, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with each client's requirements and the company's brand image, products, and services
- Generous holiday allowance: Hobo.Video operates enhanced holiday allowance increasing for every complete year of employment. We also offer a paid Christmas shutdown break between 25 Dec - 29 Dec along with paid shutdown break of 4 days on Diwali!
- All this is in addition to bank holidays and company holiday days.
- We keep transparency and equality as the first thing for employees and learning as the utmost priority.
- Team events: We have many social activities, team events, All hands meeting every 15 days and annual company summits
- We believe in employee-first company and working each day to become world class culture.
- We believe in flexible working hours as we have employees from multiple countries who choose their working time as per their timezone.
- Amazing culture: We have an open culture where we believe every person to own the part of this Hobo Ship and come upfront with their ideas to implement.
- Here you will get to work with a top notch modern leadership team and talk to them directly without any hierarchy in between!
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] with the subject line “Content Writer and Moderator Intern” and we would consider you for an interview.