Owens and Xley Consults is a full service business consulting and advisory company located in Lagos, Nigeria. We love creating practical solutions that assist entrepreneurs navigate the day-to- day challenges of running a business.
At Owens and Xley Consults, everything we do is geared towards helping you build the business of your dreams and living the life you desire. Whether you are thinking of becoming your own boss or currently have your own business, we have solutions designed to support you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fashion Design Assistant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Design Assistant will support the fashion designer.
- The Design Assistant will help in creation of new styles and patrons for the brand, along with performing research activities to ensure the brand works competitively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide both creative and practical support to the fashion designer by pooling ideas.
- Confer with clients to understand their design needs and provide feedback on presented ideas.
- Discuss clients’ needs with the fashion designer to obtain input.
- Ensure that the designs are in line with the brand’s aesthetics.
- Create sketches
- Ensure quality control
- Select fabric and trims
- Work with the fashion designer when necessary for the production.
- Write out all necessary materials required for the production of each outfit for easy procurement
- Perform extensive market trend research to understand competitive opportunities.
- Handle draping and pattern making activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of professionalism.
- Research skills
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence.
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills.
- Highly creative.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent artistic ability.
- Strong visualization skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Sociable and friendly.
- Out of the box thinker
- Knowledge of current trends as it relates to the industry.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Certification in Design is a plus.
- Experience in the fashion industry is a plus
Experience and Qualifications
- 1-2 years in a creative position
- Certification in Design is a plus
- Experience in the fashion industry is a plus.
Application Closing Date
3rd December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the mail.