The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in over 40 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Travel Assistant - Maternity Cover (4 Months)
Requisition ID: req11356
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital, Nigeria
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Background / IRC Summary
IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. Since then, the IRC has expanded its scope and size of the programs as new areas became accessible after prolonged conflict and insecurity, in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States. The IRC’s response to the humanitarian situation includes integrated health and nutrition services, reproductive health care and women protection services, Environmental Health, Child Protection, Economic Recovery and Development, Education and General Protection. The country program has a five-year strategy action plan, 2015 to 2020, that is reviewed on an annual basis. IRC’s programming in Northeast Nigeria is supported by a team of more than 650 staff.
Scope of Work:
- The Travel Assistant, under the supervision of the Senior Admin Officer, is responsible for all aspects of travel administration and supports IRC staff and visitors on travel services / bookings, visa and other related duties.
- Responsible for booking of both local and international commercial flights for IRC staff and visitor through IRC registered travel agents.
- A focal person for UNHAS flight and cargo bookings.
- As part of UNHAS flight booking requirement, prepare introduction letters for IRC visitors and IRC staff without ID cards.
- Booking of hotel accommodation for IRC staff and visitors in Abuja.
- Liaising with the travel agents in booking of accommodation outside Nigeria for staff going for conferences.
- To update travelers on any change regarding Airline travel policy during ticket booking
- Assist the Snr. Admin Officer in processing visa application for IRC staff.
- Support staff in getting visa application information.
- Sending of Pre-Arrival information /Accommodation (Covid-19) isolation policy to new hires and visitors.
- Sending of Covid-19 and Travel Protocols to all expats returning from leave and new hires
Payment and Reconciliation:
- Processing payments of both local and international flight tickets issued by travel agents.
- Liaise with the Administrative Assistant in reconciling of the Hotel payments
- Reconciliation of payments made with both travel agents and Finance.
- Reconciliation of UNHAS prepayment account and processing of replenishment after reaching spending / booking limit
- Compile movement plan on daily basis (to cover weekends and holidays) and share with Supply Chain Focal Person by COB.
Tracking and Reporting:
- To update trackers for all commercial flight bookings, and UNHAS bookings and Store same on Box.
- Using reporting journal, send monthly report on UNHAS bookings to Finance.
- Send monthly report on flight and accommodation payments to the Snr. Admin Officer.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Other Internal and / or external contacts.
- Internal: IRC Staff and Visitors
- External: UNHAS, Hotels, Embassies and Travel Agents
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field.
- Administrative & Logistics / Supply Chain qualifications highly desirable.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Prior experience of travel services & bookings, domestic and international flights desirable
- Computer literacy to enable updating of computerized databases and tracking sheets
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and competing workloads
- Knowledge of IRC systems and processes an advantage
- Ability to adapt to changing work system and processes
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide superior customer services.
- The IRC is a team-work environment and requires a person who will work with colleagues from many cultural backgrounds, understand and contribute to the organization’s goals, work well as a member of a group / team, and respect the thoughts and opinions of others in the team.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This job description can be modified at any time according to changes in the IRC activities or in the context.