UAC Foods Limited is a leading manufacturer and Marketer of tasty, nourishing convenience foods. The business is a joint venture between UACN Plc of Nigeria with 51% equity stake and Tiger Brands of South Africa with 49%. We are a quality conscious company and always aim to add value to our consumers with our rich basket of Snacks, Beverage and Dairies products. Our foremost act of social responsibility is the nutritious, hygienic and safe products that we consistently give to Nigerians.
Staffed with the right people in key Technical, Production and Customer Service Units coupled with our rich culture of innovation spanning many years, we have remained a dominant player in the food industry. Our company pioneered the Sausage Roll market in 1952 and for over 50 years, Gala has kept Nigerians going in their journey to success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Manager
Location: Ojota, Lagos
- As a result of the ongoing business expansion we are seeking to hire the services of a Security Manager to manage our 3 Factories in (Ojota, Oregun & Kerang/Jos). Work Base Location is Ojota-Lagos.
- To develop and implement strategies for security risk assessment and overall security management in line with best practice to ensure safety of lives and property and optimization of operations.
You will be accountable for:
- Overseeing and coordinating security activities across the company business locations to ensure effective coverage and monitoring of activities.
- Providing Security support to UFL Employees, Facilities, Factories (Snacks, Dairies & SWAN) and General Operations; ensure effective and efficient patrol of the premises
- Developing procedures to ensure effective coverage of activities in the company on day-to-day basis to prevent loss and fraudulent acts to the business.
- Coordinating Security Operations to protect UAC Foods Assets and Operations.
- Identifying security initiatives and standards to enhance business performance in the company and communicate same to operatives.
- Managing and overseeing all operations and intelligence activities.
- Ensuring overall administration of the company security environment and present periodic report to the Management.
- Ensuring workplace violence awareness and prevention programs amongst team members during invocoms.
- Prioritizing security initiatives and develop emergency procedures and incident responses when need arises
- Maintaining relationships with local and state law enforcement and other related government agencies and investigate security breaches when need arises.
- Advising Management on need for disciplinary procedures and implementation.
- Developing risk management assessments to company.
- Ensuring compliance with local, state and federal guidelines regarding emergency and security.
- Conducting regular Security Surveys and Analysis to identify potential risks and threat, develop mitigating elements.
- Initiating and implementing Security Policies, Guidelines/Regulations and ensure compliance
- Keeping abreast of key developments in relevant security enhancement gadgets, programs and initiatives to ensure that UFL’s assets are adequately protected
- Maintaining relationship with the Government Agencies and other relevant bodies to enhance the security of UFL
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree or HND in Social Sciences or Business Administration with NYSC Certificate
- 3- 5 years relevant experience in Security Management within an industrial environment, Food & Beverage Manufacturing Sector or other FMCG
- Proficiency in security management & anti-theft measures
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Be a good listener and pay attention to details
- Be a team leader, inspire others and work well with range of people within and outside the business
- Work well under pressure
- Possess a professional accreditation in any security-related area
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.