Altara Credit Limited (“Altara”) is a Nigerian consumer and business services venture. Our core value proposition is to improve the quality of life for the average Nigerian by driving financial inclusion. Altara is built on serving the underbanked and the otherwise financially excluded.
Our debut service is “buy now, pay later” where we allow formal & informal sector workers, and SME owners to purchase a variety of products and equipment for their homes and businesses but instead of paying for the products in full upfront, pay a small amount over time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Tester
Location: Ibadan, Oyo (Role may require some domestic travel)
Employment Type: Full-time
"We are looking to hire a “Software Tester”. This is a role where you will report directly to the Software Engineering Lead. In this capacity, you carry out stress testing, performance testing, functional testing, and scalability testing:
- Run manual and automated tests
- Review software requirements and preparing test scenarios
- Executing tests on software usability
- Analyzing and documenting test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems
- Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the software team
Qualification / Requirements
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree (B.Sc.) in Computer Science with a minimum of second-class upper (2.1)
- 2 years of work experience as a Software Tester or similar role
- U-to-date knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies
- Good knowledge of relational database
- Good knowledge of software development processes
- Working knowledge of programming.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Good time-management skills
- Adaptability, ability to work in a team environment.
Application Closing Date
5th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Your resume (1-page max)
- A short paragraph as to why you are interested in the role (Half a page)
- In (5) bullet points, choose 5 individual responsibilities (listed above) and express why you would excel in the role with an example of your most recent achievement or project you have completed in the past to support each point.