FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Reports to: Senior Human Resources Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- Under the supervision of the Senior Human Resources Officer, provide operational support to implement an effective functional Human Resources (HR) processes for the SIDHAS project in team functional areas, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS, and training.
Essential Job Functions:
Duties And Responsibilities:
- File all documents appropriately into personnel files and subject files daily
- Assist in the scheduling of interviews.
- Print and package new hire orientation manuals.
- Print and package employee policy manuals.
- Maintain the position open files.
- Do reference letters to referees and collate reports for candidate’s personnel files.
- Pass I D card forms completed by new hires to Vendors for identification cards and to I T for email addresses.
- Assist in preparing staff introductory letters
- Invite selected candidates for interviews and ensure proper documentation during interviews.
- Follow up with processing of accommodation, per diem and transportation advances with finance.
- Assist in filing and tracking of purchase requisitions, travel documents.
- Set-up and coordinate meetings; prepare meeting minutes.
- Prepare budget for interviews and new hire orientation
- Perform other duties as they are identified and assigned by the supervisor.
Mininmum Recruitment Standards:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business/Public Administration or related field with at least a years experience in any field. Must be Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must have a good interpersonal relationship and able to use internet and emails.
- Experience with large complex organization is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities. Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections. Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance. Computer literate and proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheets. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member. Ability to travel in Nigeria minimum of 25%.
Application Closing Date