AB InBev is the world's leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Procurement Lead
Employment Type: Full time
The key purpose of this role is:
- Responsible for execution & implementation of all category strategies related to Logistics, within the Business Unit (BU).
- Day-to-day resolution of stakeholder and supplier queries
- Manage escalations between Suppliers, Category Managers and the Logistics function in dispute resolution processes
- Main point of contact for Logistics stakeholders and end users across the BU
- Responsible for end-to-end sourcing projects and implementation of initiatives for the category, within the BU
- Ownership of the category spend, budget and variance reporting within the BU
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to support business objectives
- Providing analytics and sourcing support to the Recovery Point Objective (RPO)
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Strategic Category Sourcing & Implementation:
- Ownership of end-to-end sourcing and implementation of Logistics sub-categories. Subcategories include, but are not limited to, clearing and forwarding, raw material transport, warehousing, Telesales agent & Telesales line manager logistics, exports, fuel and all owned fleet related sub-categories.
- Execution of category strategies including Green Logistics and Logistics Continuity Processes approved by the RPO
- Category risk assessments
- Execute strategic sourcing initiatives with multifunctional teams
- Manage supplier relationships and develop collaborative initiatives
- Collect data, develop and implement category strategies aligned with RPO
- Develop and negotiate contracts with suppliers ensuring business risk is managed throughout
- Implement contracts and ensure contract compliance across various functions in the business
- Define and execute Value Engineering projects and initiatives
- Define & execute innovation strategy (including benchmarking)
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans
- Improve and manage vendor master data, annual logistics cost data, route planning & tracking and variance reporting
- Develop and continuously improve key performance indicators to measure supplier performance and track project goals
- Work closely with BU Procurement Director, Country Procurement Managers, BU & Country Logistics teams and Zone Procurement and Logistics teams for successful implementation and delivery of strategic projects and initiatives
- Strong analytical skills including cost and spend analysis
- High Microsoft Excel efficiency
- Project management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Basic knowledge of finance and accounting allowing the ability to run/read analysis of a supplier’s Profit & Loss and balance sheet
- Communicating effectively by conveying information and ideas in English, in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner, providing information to ensure understanding; solicit inputs and provide open candid conversations
- Developing collaborative relationships for the purpose of accomplishing work objectives; developing relationships with other individuals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others’ efforts
- Ability to coordinate across multiple functions and projects
- Languages: English (and local language where applicable) as the working language, other languages are an advantage
- Ability to conceptualize business impact focused analytics
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
- The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted and specify the plant where the role you are applying for seats.
- International Breweries PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company.