GE (NYSE: GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Commercial Proposals Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description Summary
- The MYA Commercial Manager will be an integral member of the Commercial Operations team in SSA made of technical, legal and financial functions, assembled to build proposals / bids and successfully close contract negotiation and compliance with contract commitments and commercial risk assessment for Multi-Year Agreements (MYA).
Roles and Responsibilities
The Power Services Commercial Manager, MYA’s will manage the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process within his/her scope and will be responsible for pulling all necessary resources in preparation of proposals/bids, contract negotiation and compliance with contract commitments and commercial risk assessment Jobs at this level operate with some autonomy but are covered by well-defined Commercial policies or review of end results. The MYA Commercial Manager is expected to:
- Partner with sales to define the commercial strategy
- Leverage knowledge of MYA offerings to improve the win rate on this segment
- Lead the overall proposal development, by bringing key stakeholders (finance, engineering, product line, tax, risk, legal, Order to Remittance - OTR, among others) to implement the overall technical and commercial deal strategy
- Present deals for delegation of authority approvals and ensure ITO process compliance, including review of terms and conditions & risk management assessment
- Participate in Quality initiatives within ITO to drive process rigor and/or improvements
- Work with Sales for contract negotiations with customers
- Lead a flawless ITO to OTR hand-over process after contract award.
- Experience in the fields of Commercial Operations, Engineering, Sales and Risk Management in the power industry, is preferred
- Ability to perform effectively in a matrix management
- Ability to manage multiple transactions and priorities simultaneously
- Self-starter with high energy and ability to energize others
- Experience with customer specification review, Terms & Conditions, public procurement law, proposal development and leading a sales effort
- must have a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality commercial proposals through creating winning solutions & drafting contracts with respect to both commercial & legal terms In this role, you will:
- Primarily responsible for managing complete lifecycle and development of deal execution process including on-time delivery of proposals aligned with customer outcomes and business profitability / risk profiles; this may include but is not limited to – request for proposal reviews, bid planning, risk reviews, solution estimates & pricing, deal analytics / reviews, 3rd party coordination & negotiations, documentation, and analysis of terms & conditions.
- lead and drive deal team to develop bid requirements related to technical, and commercial inputs to support strategy development and risk management.
- Accountable for the development and continuous evolution of contract templates and framework agreements.
- Use Nex to manage proposal workflow & develop pipeline forecasts.
- Manage the policy 5.0 risk process for Long term service agreement deals.
- Lead communications, including leading deal reviews with senior and executive leadership.
- Prior experience with contract drafting – managing both commercial and legal terms within a customer agreement.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong integrity & demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for strengthening overall commercial compliancy & reduce risk in commercial proposal processes.
- Highly organized, driven self-starter with ability to operate independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making ability.
- Able to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functionally.
- Ability to work within a short cycle, occasionally high-pressure environment.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours as required.
- Familiarity with power plants of multiple configurations
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a cross-functional environment
- Strong customer focus mindset and willingness to meet tight deadlines
- Familiarity with multiyear agreements and modeling.
- Strong business analysis and problem-solving skills
- General urgency in execution and tendency toward speed with ability to adapt and change
- Proven ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Inclusion & Diversity
- We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.