Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in Borno region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchase Officer
Location: Maiduguri - Borno
Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- Update price lists and supplier files.
Implementation of purchasing process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his/her line manager
- Implement purchases while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase officer's requirements in terms of quantity and quality
- Ensure that the format of, and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarités International and its donors
- Monitor and update IOFs electronically.
- Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform purchase officers of the status of their orders.
Org Chart Position (Reporting and Functional Relationships):
- Line manager: Procurement Responsible
- Line Report(s) [on Base]: -
- Functional Manager: -
- Functional Report(s): -
Profile / Requirements
- Studies: Diploma in Purchase and Supply, Supply Chain Management or Engineering
- Experience: Minimum 2-years’ experience in a similar position with other INGO
- Languages: English and Local Languages
- IT: Good Knowledge of MS Office Word, Power-Point, and advance MS Office Excel knowledge.
- Qualification: Quick learner, Ability to work autonomously, Excellent organizational skills, Flexibility to meet deadline, Hardworker.
Application Closing Date