Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Production (Cement Industry)
Job Ref.: IbesePlantProd001
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job Type: Full Time
Department: DCP - Operations
- Responsible for Production Planning, Operation and entire management of the entire Cement Production Process.
- Ensuring Cement Quality and ISO Standards are met.
- Coordination of all maintenance activities to ensure Plant availability, with direct responsibility for supervision of refractory maintenance.
- Manpower planning and development.
- Planning and Organising the Total Operation of Raw Mills, Cement Mills, Kilns, Coal Mills and Auxiliaries equipment
- Planning and Implementation of Production, Capital and Revenue Budget.
- Plant Performance Reviews and Analysis with a view to enhancing production output, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Co-ordination of Maintenance programmes with Heads of Maintenance Departments as well as Heads of Sections in Production to achieve the targeted availability of Raw Mills, Kilns and Cement and Coal Grinding Equipment.
- Monitor and control consumption trend of refractory, grinding aid, and their inventory level.
- Achieving optimum fuel efficiency, power consumption & utilisation of manpower
- Ensure Implementation of ISO Systems and Safety in Production Department.
- Ensuring no accidents in the department and near-miss analysis.
- Cost reduction by carrying out modifications and improvements in the process.
- Ensuring quality of the product going out from the department as per internal quality norms.
- Assessing performance of subordinates and providing necessary feedback for their development to Human Assets Department.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Management.
- B.Sc. / HND in Chemical Engineering.
- Above 27 years
Skills and Competencies
- Good communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build team
- High Analytical skills
- Proficiency in Engineering software.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date