Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Officer
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Direct Line Manager: Nutrition and Health Sector Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting a Nutrition and Health Officer who will support the implementation and management of planned health and nutrition activities.
- Support the application of the common IYCF and Care Group Model package of guidelines and tools which will be used for training, implementation and in support of M&E.
- Implement in the framework of projects, the mission’s Nutrition Security strategy taking into account the key internal and external documents:
- Contribute to the identification, definition, formulation of Nutrition projects and/or components of projects led by other sectors
- Work with Nut Sector Manager to ensure that agreed technical guidelines and specifications for the implementation of all Nutrition sensitive projects are followed in the course of project execution.
- Contribute in the development of work plans for the implementation of all project activities in collaboration and coordination with other sectors; under supervision and guidance of the STL and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Facilitate transparency and accountability measures vis-à-vis the project beneficiaries, by making them participate throughout the project cycle
- Track the implementation of project activities using ACF tools – Activity Progress Report (APR), Budget follow-up and Training Reports
- To support in local ACF representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area
- Contribute to evaluation (internal and external) of project’s effect/impact
- Degree in Food Science, Nursing, Medicine, or Public Health
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Fluent English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Ability to analyse and synthesize information
- Strong capacity to represent ACF and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with CMAM, Care Group Model, BCC and IYCF programming.
Minimum Basic salary: NGN 236,585 per month
Application Closing Date
12th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encourged to apply