The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) established by UMB to carry out UMB’s programs to strengthen health systems and improve the human condition in the areas where UMB operates. MGIC has UMB-approved affiliates, field offices, and program offices (collectively known as “country offices”) throughout sub-Saharan Africa.MGIC activitiesare funded generally by U.S. government entities through cooperative agreements.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Central Lab Data Entrant - COVID 19- Sero Prevalence Survey
Locations: Abuja , Kano,
Employment Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strictly adheres to instructions and guidelines for use of Laboratory data collection tools, and processes that are required to gather essential information on the COVID-19 seroprevalence survey for the UMB team, State lead and Epidemiologist, and the NRL LIMS, and SORMAS
- Support UMB survey data team in generating minimum CIF indicators/variable for State Epidemiologist and real-time surveillance response in selected survey states
- Align survey data from AIMS data base against agreed minimum CIF indicators/variables and enter the variables unto an Excel sheet for reporting to State epidemiologist, and survey results for NRL-SORMAS entry
- Ensure data completeness and regularly make available completely aligned minimum dataset for assigned survey state to the UMB lab data focal person on daily basis on or before 11 am (following sample delivery the previous day)
- Adhere to the basic laboratory data management system and flow in place for efficient and timely reporting of survey laboratory data
- Maintain regular communication with sample reception staff to improve the quality of data coming from the field and satellite lab
- Timely reporting of data issues and real-time solution seeking
- Ensure data management communication and problem-solving support is provided to satellite laboratories.
- Report identifying holdups in the laboratory data management systems
- Regular provision of high-quality data and basic analysis as required
- Daily State performance reporting
- Daily planning and debriefing meetings with Laboratory data team
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferably in a health-related discipline
- Training certifications in COVId-19 short courses especially IPC is an added advantage
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Participation in Nigeria AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) or any other household survey in Nigeria as Team lead is required
- Excellent knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control especially in the context of COVID-19 is required
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Package)
- Must be willing to work at the times required by the survey need (this includes evenings, weekends and public holidays).
- Good reading skill in English
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2021.