HR-EX Consulting - Our client, a premier clinic and hospital established in 1965 to provide ophthalmologic care in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer (Ophthalmology)
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role holder under general supervision will assist the Ophthalmologist by conducting tests, measuring of patient eye functions and provide instructions to patients concerning their eye care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing routine care such as vision testing and prescribing glasses and contact lenses.
- Diagnosing and treating eye diseases and injuries.
- Managing emergency eye clinics, outpatient clinics, or other specialist eye clinics.
- Treating medical disorders that affect the vision through a holistic approach.
- Using therapeutic procedures and performing biopsies
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications
- Provide pre- and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery—for example, examining a patient’s eyes the day after surgery
- Comply with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes, consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge
- Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and long-term medical management, in patients’ charts
- Maintain communication with Nurses and support staff in order to optimize quality clinical care and service
- Keeping informed on advancements in the field and contributing to medical research programs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A medical degree
- 0-2 years work experience.
- License to practice medicine
- Must have completed housemanship and must be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- Must be willing to take an ophthalmology professional exam within the next 12 months
- Must be able to evaluate the results of a variety of diagnostic tests and decide on the best course of treatment for a patient
- Strong organizational, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Participate in the implementation of patient education, clinical support and community outreach programs
- Customer service oriented with excellent analytical skills
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
- The candidate will be taught the rudiments of ophthalmology and be trained towards preparation for the professional exams.
- Candidate must have proximity to Surulere.