Value Edge Management Services - Our client is a major player in the FMCG and manufacturing sector in Nigeria and it seeks to hire a qualified and reliable candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Factory Maintenance Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is a major player in the FMCG and manufacturing sector in Nigeria and it seeks to hire a qualified and reliable Factory Maintenance Manager to lead and manage all installation, repair and upkeep operations in its facilities.
- Among other duties, the successful candidate will maintain machinery, plan all the factory repair activities, develop maintenance procedures support the operations of the factory by managing a diverse staff of technicians.
- Communicates job expectations. Plans, monitors, evaluate and reviews job contributions. Plans and enforces procedures and policies.
- Preserves equipment in good working order by following operating instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, keeping supplies on hand, regularly performing preventive maintenance and promptly scheduling repairs.
- Meets operational goals by contributing information and recommendations for strategic planning and review, preparing and enacting action plans, maintaining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, completing audits, identifying trends, recognizing problems and determining appropriate system improvements and solutions.
- Supports financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and taking effective corrective actions.
- Supports engineering needs by responding to service requests for mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable codes and regulations and advises senior management on requirements.
- Maintains material and equipment supplies by regularly monitoring inventory levels, anticipating supply needs, placing and expediting electrical material orders
- Supervise and lead all maintenance processes and operations.
- Track expenses and oversee the budget for maintenance.
- Maintain all machinery to ensure it’s at working standards.
- Create and implement maintenance procedures.
- Conduct regular inspections of the facilities to detect and resolve problems.
- Plan and manage all repair and installation activities.
- Assign repair schedules and evaluate repair cost estimates.
- Document and prepare daily progress reports and maintenance logs.
- Oversee equipment stock and place orders for new supplies when necessary.
- Scheduling and overseeing all maintenance-related work by managing a team of maintenance technicians
- Ensuring that all maintenance operations are done in accordance with company policy and OSHA guidelines
- Forecasting, ordering, and price negotiation for spare parts inventory
- Developing and implementing a (proactive)maintenance program
- Hiring subcontractors for specialized maintenance work
- Looking for new ways/tools/assets to improve productivity and cut costs
- Keeping spare parts inventory at all times
- Prepare list of required spare parts at the end of the year for yearly budget
- Coordinate with equipment suppliers for troubleshooting the equipment and tools
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills
- Minimum of OND - Electrical Electronics
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible facility maintenance experience
- Should have pre contacts and references in Nigeria market for quick requirements
- Previous managerial experience is a bonus.
- Demonstrated experience in supply management, including inventory control and procurement
- Good understanding of the technical features of plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems.
- Strong conceptual and effective leadership ability skills.
- Demonstrably high level of technical understanding
- Budget development experience, including fiscal analysis and forecasting
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications (Microsoft Excel, power point , Word etc).
- Electronics troubleshooting skills
- Should have pre-knowledge of the equipment’s used in Consumer Electronics, White goods industry like vacuum pumps, gas charging machine, Power meters, Electrical safety testers, Air compressors and have knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and Hydraulics.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.