Adexen Recruitment Agency - Our client, an Oil & Gas company operating in the downstream industry is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Planning Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- Lead the Company’s strategic and business planning process, develop and deliver same.
- Lead the Company’s financials, sales, forecasting and planning activities. This involves timely and accurate demand forecasts through consistent interface with supply and trading division to optimize supply chain decision.
- Monitor and report Variance between Actual versus Planned performance on all segments of the business.
- Develop and prepare for management use monthly Actual CAPEX versus Planned performance.
- Ensure quality, timely and accurate monthly business review and explainers are submitted to the local management and group management.
- Present monthly management report to the Executive Management showing segment performance.
- Summarize the various BICO input submitted by the various Business Units to the local executive management.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and trend analysis on business division performance for the Managing Director and Finance Manager that assist with decision making.
- Prepare monthly business forecast based on the input submitted by various Business Units and extensive trend analysis
- Prepare business intelligent information relating to competitors’ performance
- Prepare quarterly forecast for the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Prepare and submit (to the Managing Director and relevant Business Unit Heads) Daily Sales Volume/Revenue Report per Product Line based on Marketing Business Units.
- Prepare and submit (to the Managing Director) the Board of Director’s Report showing Sales Volume and Performance Report per Product based on Departmental and Regional performance.
- Prepare and submit (to all Heads of Departments) Monthly Volume Analysis Report showing Actual Volume Performance, Planned Volume and Year-to-Date (YTD) Volume performance.
- Develop and prepare for management use monthly segment reporting.
- Generate and dispatch monthly departmental variance reports.
- Carry out daily confirmation of OPEX to be incurred via Procurement Requisition Approval Form.
- Develop, review and improve the Unit’s processes and procedures
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Monitor Weekly business performance, highlight trends and causes of volume variance and report same in the Monthly Business Review.
Desired Skills and Experience
- First Degree in any of the following disciplines - Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or related courses.
- A Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance or Economics or Business Administration would be an advantage.
- At least seven years experience in any Finance areas such as Budgeting, Business Planning, Business Research, Financial Reporting, Business / Market Strategy, etc.
- At least two years experience in the use of any ERP (preferably SAP).
- Experience with basic Crystal report writing or data querying preferred
- Professional accounting qualification e.g., ICAN, ACCA, is mandatory.
- Proficient use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- SAP proficiency (MM and SD)
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practice and procedures
- Financial reporting & analysis
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (data manipulation, advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, sumif etc.). Proficient with other Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- A good knowledge of the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Good understanding of IFRS principles
- Critical thinking
- Business and Report Writing
- Planning and Organization
- Records management skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.