The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Liaison Officer
Location: Kafanchan - Kaduna
- The Liaison Officer will support NLCB’s management of national, state and local stakeholders, specifically in Kaduna and Plateau State.
- The Liaison Officer will coordination with USAID, NLCB, State and National Governments, donors, and other development actors, as well as Nigerian Security forces, including the military and police, as necessary.
- The role will ensure that the program maintains strong relationships and improves coordination with all government and civil society stakeholders. The position is based in Kafanchan, Kaduna State.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position will report directly to the Chief of Party. Upon request, the Liaison Officer will also provide information to USAID/OTI and the broader USAID Mission in Abuja.
- The Liaison Officer is expected to engage directly and support the Program Managers and the Security and Conflict Analyst with triangulating information and facilitating contacts with authorities and critical stakeholders in their intervention areas.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Liaising between partners sectoral offices, NLCB, and actors in Middle Belt states on an ongoing basis via email, phone, in-person meetings, etc., as required.
- Work closely with the Security & Conflict Analyst to provide timely inputs for the security reports and contribute to data analysis.
- Conduct field visits across the Middle Belt to strengthen relationships with existing stakeholders, build relationships with new stakeholders, and contribute to activity development, implementation, and monitoring.
- Work with the COP to troubleshoot issues and address concerns of stakeholders and build engagement and buy in for program activities in the Middle Belt.
- Assist with USG trips to the Middle Belt, including confirming meetings, taking GPS coordinates of proposed sites, etc.
- Attend other relevant committees, sector-working groups, implementing partner or informational meetings in the observer role, and provide critical points/updates in NLCB’s periodic reports.
- Attend to and support other related duties, as reasonably assigned by the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Operations Manager, or USAID/OTI.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in International Studies, Development Studies, Social Sciences, or similar field.
- Three (3) years of practical work experience.
- Practical experience in writing reports and other communications, in the English language, in a clear, concise, and coherent manner; especially with an international organization.
- Proficient use of a computer and basic programs, i.e., Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, for generating reports and other communication.
- Established networks with key state and national government actors, development actors, and Nigerian security forces in Kaduna and Plateau States strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse array of professional relationships with various actors in Kaduna and Plateau States.
- Self-motivated and willing and able to work independently, providing timely deliverables in a quality-oriented manner based on agreed-upon formats and templates.
- Experience working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa languages required; proficiency in other languages spoken in Kaduna and Plateau states preferred.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: [email protected] Please reference the Job Title and Location on the subject line, your cover letter and Resume/CV.
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter.