Nicole Sinclair Consulting - Our client in the Hospitality industry is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities Manager (Hospitality)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We seek to hire a Facility Manager who is responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well functioning.
- Supervise and organize all engineering activities.
- Performs quality control checks, ensuring the safety and effectiveness or reliability of the facility equipment
- Responsible for preventive/corrective maintenance of the resort facility, equipments, critical and non-critical alike.
- Daily leadership and administration of the engineering function of the property with the objectives of safely and effectively operating machinery and building systems.
- Conducting regular repairs of any damaged equipment with the use of an in house engineering team
- Encourage and foster a team oriented environment through positive feedback.
- Train members of the department as appropriate in new processes and procedures while ensuring compliance.
- Follow and maintain the site-specific preventive maintenance and work order program.
- Demonstrate improvement from previous performance; suggest areas of improvements for service and operating efficiency.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the engineering design and operational aspects of the Building systems and equipments
- Be able to immediately recognize system performance deficiencies and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Ensure the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building.
- Protect and improve the value of the resort assets and ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their expected life cycle.
- Manage contracted service work at the property, including understanding and developing the scope of service, bidding, awarding and administering the contract duties.
- Organize administrative functions related to site operations, such as a work orders and maintenance activities, budgets, ordering supplies, etc.
- Work with the Construction Managers on capital improvement construction projects
- Assist in the development of capital plans which would include planning for infrastructure; upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the building’s future capabilities are maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that major projects performed at the building are properly planned, executed and closed out in accordance with best current practices in the hospitality industry.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building.
- Responsible for all janitorial cleaning and gardening.
- Purchase and maintenance of fire extinguishers.
- Responsible for firefighting equipment maintenance, including fire alarm system.
- Responsible for all electrical, plumbing, carpentering, Painting, air conditioning and swimming pool maintenance.
- Responsible for treatment and evacuation of sewage.
- Responsible for refuse disposal and management.
- Responsible for scheduling both internal and external fumigation of resort facilities.
- Maintenance of all resort generators.
- Schedules the washing of diesel tank.
- BSc / BA in Facility Management, Engineering, Business Administration or relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage
- 7-10 years of experience as a facility manager
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management
- Managerial experience and strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong procurement and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and building automation systems.
Application Closing Date
31st April, 2021.