George Houston Resources Limited - Our client, a leading technology Company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Desk Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Customer Service Unit provides an important role for business as it serves as the point of contact for all issues related to IT.
- In this critical role, the Service desk officer is responsible for effectively managing customer expectations, setting the organizational standard for customer engagement, serving as a communication channel between customers and the IT organization, and whenever possible, providing a first-contact resolution for customers.
- Build an efficient Service Desk Unit
- Expand the scope of theUnit to get support contracts from customers.
Specific areas of responsibility that you will be responsible for include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as the first point contact for customer issues
- Handle phone calls/emails and deal with them promptly, efficiently and with empathy to ensure a positive experience for our customers
- Facilitate or escalate customer issues and complaints, both internally and externally
- Co-ordinate all consumable calls in order to enable dispatch of Client & Multi-vendor consumables to customers
- First and second line support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware to the Company’s solutions deployed at customers’ sites.
- Escalate unresolved calls/issues/tickets to the in -house SME or directly to OEM and Company technical team.
- Use available tools to generate in-house and customer report.
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system.
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Provide statistics for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends.
- Installations of software applications.
- Respond to queries either in person, via email and phone and for initial requirement capture.
- Remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
- Troubleshooting basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and telecommunications systems and provide basic desktop support.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to the Company’s products.
- Develop support proposal and service level agreements.
- Maintain history of performance of implemented software and computer systems.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about the Company’s product/solution usage.
- Manage preventive and corrective maintenance with customers.
- Become familiar with each client and their respective products.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
- Become familiar with helpdesk policies and services.
- Follow up product renewal to ensure continuous support service delivery.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other related discipline
- Proven record of delivery of excellent Customer Service Management and Operations Management with a minimum of 18 months’ experience
- ITIL trained Experienced
- End-user support for products like messaging and productivity apps.
- Specific tool usage of advanced features, ticket management, critical incident management and usage of reports based on different views of the tool as asked by the customer
- Knowledge of Computers and basic understanding of Microsoft products, with excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Exposure to ITSM tool and problem-solving.
Requirements and Skills:
- A female is preferable to balance out gender
- Candidates who reside on the Island have an advantage
- Effective interactive skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Able to control interactions with customers using persuasion and influencing skills
- Aptitude for understanding and solving problems in a methodical and logical manner
- Willing to assume responsibility for customer problems
- Able to maintain and project a helpful and courteous attitude in any circumstances
- Resilient under pressure and adaptable to unseen work demands
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical skills
- Team collaboration
- Time management
Application Closing Date
22nd January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.