George Houston Resources Limited - Our client, a leading technology company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Full Stack Software Developer
Employment Type: Full-time
Unit: Software Development
Job Industry: Technology
Reporting To: Head; Software Development
- The individual duties will include translating requirements into simple but effective web and mobile software solutions, working with team members to design web/mobile user interfaces, and enhancing web/mobile user experience.
Specific areas of responsibility that you will be responsible for include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain architectural integrity of existing code base
- Validate and track record of delivering robust code according to production standards
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of the application
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to design and launch features
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Integrate user-facing elements developed with server-side logic
- Work with UI designers to convert designs into visual elements
- Understand and implement controls using AngularJS or React
- Improve operations by conducting system analysis, recommend changes in policies and procedures
- Work across the entire application life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release and support.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects.
- Work with UI/UX experts to build the interface with focus on usability features
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplish engineering and Company’s goals by completing related results as needed
- Handling support and feedback queries
- Update job knowledge by studying state of the art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, read professional publications, maintain professional networks, participate in professional organization
Education & Experience
- B.Sc degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years’ software development experience
- Working knowledge of the cloud, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full development life cycle
Requirements and Skills:
- Candidates who reside on the Island have an advantage
- Outstanding Leadership, organisational, multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to escalate relevant information to management when needed
- Ability to treat confidential information with discretion
- Sound knowledge of Analytics tools
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and manage deliverables under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
Application Closing Date
22nd January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.