Anadach Group is a strategic healthcare consulting firm focused on providing innovative advice and services to clients and partners interested in transforming healthcare systems in emerging markets and developing economies.
We provide a wide range of services to various stakeholders in the health sector including management consulting,Advisory and Capability Enhancement Services,Professional and Executive Recruitment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Care Specialist
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- Our client is a new and upcoming leading international provider of world-class healthcare services in Lagos, with the aim of providing prompt, efficient and high-quality healthcare services to all their patients. Our client believes in equipping patients with medical information to empower them to make informed decisions regarding their health management/healthy lifestyle.
- Hence, career opportunities exist for high performing Specialists that can contribute to a rapidly growing organization. As a new specialist in a well-equipped and managed facility, you would have the opportunity to shape and deliver services currently not available or easily available in Nigeria. Salaries and benefits are internationally competitive and depends on experience.
- The Emergency Medicine Specialist is responsible to the Chief Medical Officer. He/she will be involved with directing and supervising emergency medical care for patients at the ER and as required. He/she is a member of the senior medical team and coordinates provision of specialized and high-quality care in Emergency Medicine for patients who present to the hospital’s Emergency Department while providing leadership and guidance in establishing the highest standards of care and ensuring optimal delivery of quality care in line with international best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clinical management and direction of the Emergency Department in conjunction with the CMO and other specialists.
- Basic and Advanced Pediatric and Adult Life support certification.
- Trauma life support certification.
- Airway management skills and Circulatory support.
- Analgesia and sedation skills.
- Breathing and Ventilation management skills.
- Ultrasound guided skills (peripheral/central vascular access, pericardiocentesis, focused assessment with sonography in trauma (FAST)).
- Interpretation of ECG and laboratory investigations.
- Musculoskeletal techniques (fracture immobilization and reduction).
- Responsible for the assessment and immediate care of all patients admitted to the ER according to generally accepted standards.
- To communicate and cooperate with other medical staff and colleagues who have patients in ER or wish to discuss other pertinent medical problems regarding admitted patients
- Undertake essential supporting duties for clinical care like risk management, critical incident investigation and oversight of rosters.
- Carries out reviews and investigations on drugs, equipment, physiological and pharmacological matters relevant to Emergency care, provides and/or takes part in advisory service to the hospital.
- Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department/division.
- Participates in teaching and training of clinical staff assigned and planning career development programmes trainees.
- Participates in the forward planning, and further development of the Emergency Medicine department.
Qualifications and Experience
- MBBS/MBChB or equivalent
- Fellowship in Emergency Medicine with the West African College of Surgeons (WACS) and/or the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN); OR Equivalent fellowship in a country where you can obtain license to practice in Nigeria
- Must be a minimum of two-years post-fellowship.
- Full registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Foreign training and experience are an added advantage.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Excellent skills in interventions, ventilation and diagnostic USG
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work long, flexible and on-call hours, often under pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
- Drive to continue learning throughout career.
- Strong IT/computer skills
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to: [email protected] please indicate your name and job title as the subject of your email.
- Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.