First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Corporate & Contracts
Job Identification: 39
Job Schedule: Full time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides, under the leadership of the Unit Head, pragmatic legal advice and solutions to the Bank and its subsidiaries on a broad range of legal issues.
- Drafts, negotiates and arranges the execution of loan and security documentation relating to Bank facilities.
- Provides under the leadership of the Unit Head, high level transactional negotiation and documentation support to SBUs in the deal-making process
- Support to other SRFs with respect to strategic ventures, alliances and partnership as well as corporate disposals and acquisitions.
- Provides under the leadership of the Unit Head, professional legal counsel, drafting and/or review of legal documents, regulations, resolutions, contracts and other such documents;
- Provides under the leadership of the Unit Head, legal opinion and recommendations on complex transactions to ensure that the bank and its subsidiary (with the support of the relevant local counsel in the subsidiaries jurisdiction) are properly and effectively protected from a legal standpoint in any transaction.
- Drafts and vets Contracts and Service Level Agreements involving the Bank and various counterparties.
- Reviews credit approvals (Form 3800B)/ offer letters and advises on the most optimal transaction structure that best protects the Bank’s interest whilst meeting its commercial objectives.
- Liaises directly with External solicitors to ensure that bank’s transactions specifically being handled by the team are promptly pursued, acted upon and concluded in good time.
- Supervises and serves as co-counsel with external solicitors retained by the Bank in specialized and cross-border transactions.
- Builds and improves on the capacity of team members by mentoring and guiding them in specialized and big ticket transactions.
- Supports the Unit Head in the actualization of numerous product and service offerings, alliances, partnerships and other synergistic relationships created by the Products & Channels Unit.
- Under the leadership of the Unit Head, manages/oversees the documentation preparation and review of a caseload of some of the largest and most intricate financial transactions involving the Bank allocated to the Team.
- Provides general transaction advisory support to the Corporate & Institutional Banking directorates, including legal due diligence required for such transactions.
- Reviewing the work of subordinates for quality assurance purposes.
- Lead, nurture, train, develop and motivate the Team members with robust job content and challenging assignments.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Unit Head and/or Head, Legal Services.
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2021.