First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Desk Head, Enterprise Applications
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- Provide direction and technical leadership to Applications Support / Monitoring team
- Design and ensure there are robust procedures and processes to support applications and plan the team’s work load.
- Ensure 99.999% availability of enterprise Applications System and all other related applications to support the bank’s business operations
- Identify and Manage changes by ensuring that problem management, Incident management and change management procedures are adhered to and tracked to resolution.
- Assist in Drafting, documenting and maintenance of processes and procedures for applications
- Identify and manages enhancement effort of all applications to improve business performance in line with set standards and procedures.
- Ensure proper planning for periodic system maintenance for Enterprise Applications under the team’s applications portfolio.
Review Daily Report of Team’s Activity:
- Provides appropriate information as may be required by specialists (developers, DBA, SysAdmin and Application Solution), users and managers.
- Manage and supervise all Scripts/patches deployments in line with best practice for Release and deployment management, change management and configuration management.
- Provide timely and expert advice on emerging trends and issues affecting Service Delivery and Application Support activities.
- Liaison with Application solution team, applications vendors and local representatives for issues resolution.
- Assist in the design, review and implementation of SLA between Bank and application vendors as well as OLA between the Departments and other units in IT and ensure agreed service levels are maintained.
- Manage and carry out small projects with proper documentation as may be assigned from time to time.
- Identify training needs aimed at improving skills and competencies required for effective Application support
- Plan and coordinate the effective Business Continuity Exercising and Testing
- Minimum Education: First Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Systems
- Masters or a recognised professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Proficient knowledge of software development frameworks, concepts and best practices
- Working knowledge of structured systems analysis and design, and software development life cycle
- Proficient knowledge of application design, implementation and operations
- Proficient understanding of service management tools for event management, provisioning and monitoring
- Sound knowledge of enterprise applications systems such as Finacle 10, Oracle ERP, etc.
- Good strategic planning and management skills
Skill / Competencies Aligned with SFIAV5:
Core SFIA 5 Skill Requirements:
- Systems Installation/ Decommissioning (HSIN 3)
- Availability Management (AVMT 4)
- Service Level Management (SLMO3)
- Applications Support (ASUP 3)
- IT Operations (ITOP 2)
- Problem Management (PBMG 3)
- Service Desk and Incident Management (USUP 3)
Other SFIA 5 Skill Requirements:
- Learning Delivery (ETDL 3).
Application Closing Date
1st February, 2021.