First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Team Member, eFraud & Digital Forensic Investigation
Job Identification: 77
Employment Type: Full time
- Forensic investigation of electronic fraud and information security breaches
- Identification of root cause and lessons that will prevent reoccurence, thereby protecting the bank from loss and/or reputational damage
- Provide data extraction services for other units in Internal Auidit FDepartmy
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act on behalf of Head, eFraud & Digital Forensic Investigations in his absence.
- Assist in planning investigation work
- Carry out more complex investigation of electronic fraud and IT related incidents received from Management, ICEG, ISOD, branches, departments and external parties (such as CBN, NIBSS, Law Enforcement Agents, other banks, switches, etc.) requiring in-depth technical investigation. These include:
- Internet banking fraud
- Mobile banking fraud
- International card fraud
- Local card fraud
- Web based fraud
- ATM and POS manipulations
- USSD Quick Banking Fraud
- Agent Banking Fraud
- WhatsApp Banking
- Third party fraud
- All other forms of emerging IT or e-payment fraud
- Information security breaches, Etc.
- Determine the causative factors of assigned incidents, learning points and corrective measures to prevent recurrence.
- Supervise and provide technical support to staff members who resolve cases on CRM.
- Ensure enquiries on cases under investigation are promptly responded to.
- Execute shared services functions such as data extraction (from a myriad of data sources) and analysis as required by other units in Internal Audit Department.
- Maintain a log of all customer related cases and follow up to closure, including such data that will enable informed analysis for management
- Timely rendition of assigned regulatory and other periodic returns (CBN, NIBSS, MasterCard, VISA etc.)
- Liaise with the stakeholders (such as IT Department, E-Business, Legal Services, Fintechs, Switches, Service Providers, NIBSS etc.) to obtain necessary evidence to facilitate prompt resolution of cases
- Suggest control measures to mitigate fraud on electronic-related platforms
- Assign requests from other Banks and ensure requests are treated from other banks are
- Write draft investigations reports
- Write investigation report for Legal Services Department to aid their court processes as it affects cases instituted in respect of electronic fraud cases
- Identify BVNs relating to fraudulent actions and ensure watchlisting
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure fraudulent BVNs received from NIBSS are watchlisted.
- Carry out assigned shared services functions including data extraction and analysis
- CRM oversight and assigning of cases on CRM and mail
- Investigation of Legal complaints, CBN complaints, and other incidents referred by Senior Management
- Process review and development of process flowchart of activities carried out by the unit
- Product review before go-live.
- Review of products and services currently deployed to identify loopholes exploited by fraudsters
- Internal Audit data analytic project
- Review of circulars and other policy documents
- Technical support to SE's
- Technical support to other Internal Audit team members
- Maintain Security of all Information entrusted to me
- Comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook
- Minimum Education: First Degree (preferably science or numerate), Higher degrees/professional certification (preferably CEH, CHFI, CISSP, CISA and/or other relevant digital forensics certifications).
- Minimum experience - 4 years with a minimum of 2 years in Digital forensics investigation, IT Security, IT/eChannels/Digital Banking Audit etc.
Application Closing Date
1st February, 2021.