ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Intern
Reporting to: Product Manager
- We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and disciplined person with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energies and financial inclusion to join the team in Nigeria.
- Reporting to the Product Associate and dotted reporting to the Head of Product, the Product Intern will mainly ensure the documentation and resolution of product related technical problems, field research of a dynamic start-up that evolves at the borders of renewable energy and payment technologies.
- Support the department in assisting Service Centers and Customer Service Units in problem solving in conjunction with the Global Product Team.
- Support the department in gathering training materials to conduct training on Products and 1st level Technical problem solving for operational agents (SCAs, FTLs AND FPCs).
- Assist the Product department in carrying out field studies on the product ranges and user behavior.
- Ensure regular updates of training materials, operating procedures, training guides and technical documents related to the Solar Home Systems.
- Assist the Product department in the monitoring of key indicators during the launch of new products.
- Prepare detailed Product related reports as required by the Product Associate and Head of Product.
Deliverables and Activities
- Product Ideation- Must have a strong interest in understanding product ideation and development processes.
- Identify Technical Failures- Must be willing to learn, especially in the areas of identifying technical failures on our products by utilizing information from various sources (Service Center, Sales teams, Call center and data from Tableau)
- Active Listening and Documentation- Actively listen and document customer recommendations on product evolution.
- Reporting- Prepare periodic product-related reports for key stakeholders.
- Technical Support- Provide technical support to CX team on 2nd level technical issues, liaising with the Global technical product team
- Training Materials- Regularly update/document FAQs and other knowledge materials based on newly identified product issues including post product launch challenges.
Required Skills & Experience
- A First Degree
- 1 year experience in a Product Department or a keen interest in the Product function
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good analytical skills
- Strong commitment to serving the needs and improving the quality of life of rural households in Nigeria
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary and diverse teams
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas.