FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party, SHARP
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Supervisor: Director, Project Portfolio AWAMERO
Job type: Full time
- The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project.
- S / he will supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The COP should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal qualities and should have extensive experience in public / international health.
- S / he should have experience managing similar projects with significant management responsibility with proven ability to work with partners including host country government officials as well as other donors and stakeholders.
- The COP should have solid track record in managing the implementation of large scale programs with similar complexity.
- S / he should have solid technical knowledge in HIV / AIDS, infectious diseases (malaria and TB), maternal and child health, Health Systems Strengthening, Quality Improvement / Quality Assurance etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute overall project strategy and work plan and achievement of project results
- Direct and monitor implementation of activities within the work plan, ensuring that activities are performed to a high professional standard, effectively implemented and fulfill donor and the organization’s requirements.
- Oversee all technical assistance and administrative support activities under the program.
- Ensure that all program deliverables are met in a high quality and timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with all donor- related, organization’s, and program-specific policies.
- Supervise and mentor all senior management staff.
- Provide managerial oversight to all project activities and partnerships, and ensure compliance with the organization’s and USG regulations.
- Oversee the sub-contract and sub- grant cycle from pre-award to close- out including solicitation processes, pre-award, award, monitoring and close-out of sub-awards based on donor regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide oversight for the project’s financial management systems and ensure that they are in line with the organization’s policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
- Oversees project budget development and undertake regular analysis of project expenditure, sub- awards and lead the preparation of budget amendments/modification for negotiation with donor.
- Recruit, supervise, mentor, and motivate project team which includes staff from the organization and international and national partners.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with federal government and regional entities to support project implementation.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Coordinate with other donor implementing partners on common objectives and activities, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MS / MA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in managing complex public health programs or programs of similar scope and size.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience
- Experience with USG rules and regulations
- Experience operating in insecure environments
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Considerable experience in designing and implementing HIV/AIDS care and support projects in developing countries.
- Sound knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in relation to HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support, as well as HIV prevention.
- Proven skills in management, supervision and leadership.
- Familiarity with the scientific literature on HIV / AIDS and with research on public health issues.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English Language.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
Application Closing Date