Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Assistant
Location: Makurdi, Benue
- The HR Assistant will assist with the management and delivery of several HR initiatives under the project in Benue
- The HR Assistant provides high level support to the HR Business Lead across a broad range of HR functions and responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordination of HR benchmarking activities, collation of data, accurate and timely submissions
- Keeps the HR Business Lead informed about project status and issues that may impact HR service delivery or project outcomes
- Undertake field visitation to supervise and manage ad hoc staff
- Manage project risk and escalate issues to the appropriate level when needed
- Manage the payroll system for the HR unit, including liaising with Finance unit to ensure timely and accurate remittance
- Prepare personnel action records (PARS) for Finance action informing of any payroll additions and/or changes. These personnel actions include new hire, secondments, transfers, leavers and other amendments to salaries and employee data in compliance with policy and payroll requirements
- Support the recruitment process with tasks such as preparing shortlists, scheduling of interviews, and conducting reference checks
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions;
- Monitor, coordinate and provide guidance in the resolution of business-related problems with project staff and other subcontractors
- Follow-up on timesheet and leave matters
- Collect and collate required data/documentation for the health insurance scheme and group life insurance scheme
- Other ad hoc duties consistent with the position as requested by the HR Business Lead
- B.S / B.A Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 1 - 3 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with the Ukum, Logo, Katsina Ala, Guma, Vandeikya, Gwer East and Kwande LGAs in Benue is required
- Fluency in English and the local language is required
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage
- Experience of HR in the international development organization is an advantage
- Knowledge of the local communities, cultures and geography of the State
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities
- Recordkeeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques
- Good verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft and deliver timely quality evaluation reports
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the "HR Assistant - Benue" as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.