MacTay Consulting - We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reports and deputizes for the CFO.
- Involved all financial strategy and planning.
- Supervise all accounting functions and their accounting practices, budget preparation, financial reporting, tax, and audit functions. Champion cost containment / reduction initiatives and support decision making in his strategic business area.
- Work with the CFO on the development and implementation of the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the MD in identifying new funding opportunities and drafting prospective programmatic budgets.
- Assist the CFO on all strategic matters as they relate to budget development and management, cost benefit analysis and forecasting needs.
- Ensure smooth functioning of the Financial Control function.
- Involved in the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including organizational operating income /expense and balance sheet reports, reports to the board and the regulator.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the bank.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors as well as attending Board and Subcommittee meetings.
- Protection of the bottom line through extended transparency and dynamic performance management.
- Cost management for the centralized operating expenses areas.
- Involved in the administration of the bank’s recurrent and capital expenditure budgets.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and circulation of appropriate monthly management accounts and reports to both senior management and directors.
- Drive budget achievement in each strategic business area.
- Implement financial policies and processes to increase organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensures the compliance with all financial regulatory laws.
- Conduct Monthly Performance Review sessions.
- Oversee the development and distribution of the annual budget for each business area and ensure that it is strictly adhered to.
- Ensure the proper management and distribution of financial resources.
- Carry out market intelligence on potential growth and expansion opportunities.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Budget achievement
- Adequacy of content of MIS report to effectively aid decision making.
- Accuracy and integrity of MIS reports
- Zero regulatory infraction
- Cost / income ratio
- Timeliness of reporting to the corporate center
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or relevant field with a minimum of second class upper
- Professional qualification in ACA / ACCA / CFA
- MBA in Finance would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in Finance and Performance management role within the Financial Services Industry, of which at least 5 years must have been at a senior management level.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Experience in playing a significant role in the organization’s strategy committee through team leadership.
- Knowledge of CBN electronic software reporting module.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as knowledge of Management reporting software with a view to qualitative reporting
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard
- Knowledge of CBN reporting requirements.
- Experience on budget formulation and control
- Extensive knowledge of the Financial and banking sector (International & domestic).
- Good policy development and management.
- Financial acumen
Skill / Competencies:
- Dynamic, analytical, and self - driven individual with the ability to work under pressure.
- A passion for performance, team play and achievement in a competitive and dynamic environment.
- Hardworking, strategically-minded individual with excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent leadership, organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills, networking skills and sound knowledge of the Banking environment.
- Strong and well-defined leadership qualities; visionary, honest & open, personal integrity and role model.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.