Pettysave is a technology company that builds economic and internet infrastructure to aid people in their path to financial freedom.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Lead
Employment Type: Full Time
- In order to capitalize on that opportunity we need to balance investing aggressively and operating with financial discipline. Finance is the strategic engine that drives rigorous decision making and acts as the financial stewards of our businesses - and we’d like your help.
- As an Accounting leader you are responsible for supporting the fast growing, dynamic all aspects of the financial, statutory, and internal reporting processes, financial systems, internal controls, and business support.
- As Finance Lead you would build up the Finance team and help us scale for the future, in a fast-paced environment that’s growing rapidly. In this role, you will partner with members of the management, Finance, Product, Growth, Legal, and Engineering teams.
- Build scalable accounting processes to support global growth in payments processing and asset management accounting
- Oversee all financial processes to optimize profit
- Manage multiple individuals within business accounting, lead cross-functional initiatives and communicate progress effectively with senior management
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Growth to support existing products and services and build new accounting processes for new products and services
- Own the financial statements - monthly close, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules, flux analysis, and reporting deliverables
- Partner with all stakeholders to support internal financial systems and automation
- Assist with technical accounting analysis, including the preparation of accounting memos
- Assess the effectiveness of internal controls, and design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities
- Maintain up-to-date accounting policies and procedures
Requirements and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant public accounting and/or private industry experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven experience in the monthly close process and exposure to accounting systems
- Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing cross-functional initiatives
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP and the ability to prepare relevant technical accounting memos
- Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
Nice to Haves:
- MS in Accounting, Finance, MBA or any related degree
- SQL experience
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the technology or asset management industry
Application Closing Date