At Kudi, we believe that people of all class should have access to financial services and seamlessly make transactions. We want to build a financial inclusive world with everyone, for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Designer
Job Type: Full Time
- Over 1.7B people around the world do not have access to basic financial services. Kudi’s mission is to make financial services accessible and affordable to all Africans across the world. Today, we are digitizing cash payments for over 1million Nigerians with our Chatbot service and over 60,000 Agent points across the country.
- In just three years, we have grown and processed over $80m in monthly payments and more than 1Billion daily transactions in local currency. Our next target is to bank over 10 million Nigerians monthly over the next 12 months. In furtherance to this mission, we are seeking passionate, goal-oriented individuals to join our team.
- Delivering the best experience and value to as many agent businesses as possible in so many ways is what our Design team is about. We use our deep understanding of agent's expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users in Africa, by bringing the best apps, tools, and infrastructure to help agents start and run their business seamlessly every day and helping them provide financial services to people in their communities.
About the Role
- As a Product Designer, your number one job is to tackle user problems. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, and the data team, to iterate and build useful, usable, and delightful experiences that your team can launch.
- You'll engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in conceptualizing , prototyping, service design, information design, workshop facilitation, user research and preparing assets for engineers.
What you'll do:
- Own design problems end-to-end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Work with product managers, business and engineers to define the long & short term strategy for our products
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Ship, measure, and improve designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer needs.
- Designing intuitive user interfaces across mobile and web platforms
- Developing and managing a robust design system and library of reusable components for mobile and web platform
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Obsess over the details
- Design systems to simplify, sophisticated experiences
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the Kudi experience
Qualification & Skill
- Have experience in building mockups and interactive prototypes with Figma or similar design tools.
- Skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and welcoming feedback to help you produce your best work.
- 3+ Years of experience designing and shipping digital product across platforms
- Are uncompromising service-minded towards our users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Design team, and all of Kudi
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until is pixel-perfect
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
Application Closing Date