The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Project Assistant (MM / AVRR)
SVN No.: CFC2021.07
Organizational Unit: Migration Management - Assisted Voluntary Return & Reintegration
IOM Classification: UG (G3) Equivalent
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Ungraded 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Working under the overall supervision of the Reintegration Officer, Migration Management and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant (MM/MPA), the successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of the AVRR Programme in Nigeria:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in the day-to-day implementation of AVRR and any other related projects.
- Assist tracking of the implementation of case management related to reintegration assistance.
- Distribute travel and reintegration allowances to returning migrants, when necessary.
- Complete the beneficiary profile and needs assessment formats and codify and store information into a database.
- Review conditions of the reintegration plan as pertaining to the AVRR program and coordinate with resource management unit for the implementation.
- Document and file all beneficiaries’ data in a database and case record for reference and update it regularly.
- Support preparation and timely submission of monthly monitoring reports.
- Digitize and encode information into database and MiMoSa.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree / Certificate in related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 1 year of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with three years of relevant working experience
- Good knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures is an advantage.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations and private sector entities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage, preferably within the United Nations or within the international humanitarian.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies - behavioural indicators:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Applicationn Closing Date
3rd February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information (PDF)
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFC2021.07 Lagos. Junior Project Assistant (MM/AVRR) - Migration Management - Assisted Voluntary Return & Reintegration UG.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.