Greenville LNG Company Limited is the pioneer Domestic LNG producer in Nigeria with the objective of extending gas supplies to regions not reached by gas pipelines thereby making available a competitive source of energy to boost the economy. Greenville LNG Plant is in Rumuji near Port-Harcourt and has customer locations in Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Enugu, Sokoto, Aba and other cities nationwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Chemical Laboratory Supervisor
Job Code: CLS-12
The Chemical Laboratory Supervisor Supports operations to achieve the production targets, providing non delayed laboratory services for Greenville liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant.
- The Chemical Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for carrying out timely and reliable routine and non-routine chemical analytical tasks in line with schedule and as may be assigned using a combination of different laboratory techniques.
- Coordinate and carry out test method validation including quality assurance work for the analytical applications under custody according in compliance with ISO/IEC 17025. Lead continuous improvements of laboratory services to customers including development of standard operating procedures for own custody laboratory equipment and analytical test methods according to site wide management systems requirements.
- Collect samples as required including but not limited to: Vaporized LNG, High Pressure feed gasses, mixed phase liquids, Refrigerants, Amine, and Demineralized Water. Login and receive samples to test and analyze the above-mentioned components, record lab results and generate summary reports as well as discuss out of specification results with operations and engineering for approvals.
- Operate laboratory equipment to perform required analysis, execute daily laboratory tasks and requests in a timely manner with high degree of accuracy and efficiency as well as carry out calibration of Gas Chromatography.
- Maintain lab equipment readiness by performing daily Quality Control Standards (QCs) and keeping detailed records of all QC data in compliance with the Quality Management System (QMS).
Education and Personal Attributes
- The ideal candidate must possess at least Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years Oil and Gas experience is required, with preference in LNG applications, however, petrochemical, LPG, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Knowledge of sampling and laboratory equipment is required. Analytical skills in quality testing using gas chromatography, ion chromatography, wet chemistry and colorimetric methods.
This position attracts a competitive remuneration package.
Applicationn Closing Date
3rd February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Code" as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
- Only applications that meet the relevant qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
- It is not the intention of the position description to limit the scope or accountabilities of the position but to highlight the most important aspects of the position. The aspects mentioned above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirement of the role such variations are common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the job.