Greenville LNG Company Limited is the pioneer Domestic LNG producer in Nigeria with the objective of extending gas supplies to regions not reached by gas pipelines thereby making available a competitive source of energy to boost the economy. Greenville LNG Plant is in Rumuji near Port-Harcourt and has customer locations in Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Enugu, Sokoto, Aba and other cities nationwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: LNG DCS / Control Room Operator
Job Code: DCO-6
Operate the LNG control room panels-SCADA within the operating limits as per procedures or approved documents in the best possible technical, economic, safety and environmental conditions.
- Operate the plant according to the Chief Operations Supervisor instructions, coordinating activities with the Chief Operations Supervisor and the field operators and maintain the operating parameters within the limits established in the approved operating procedure.
- Manage and Control the start-up, shutdown and operations the plant, in the best possible technical, economic, safety and environmental conditions and Control the start-up, shutdown and operations of the plant, in the best possible technical, economic, safety and environmental conditions.
- Monitors the performance of the operating systems from SCADA control panel, takes corrective actions and reports abnormalities to Chief Operation Supervisor.
- Take and interpret indicator reading and gather the information required to develop reports.
- Propose corrective actions to preventing incidents and problems, optimizing the processes from a technical, economic, safety and environmental perspective.
- Perform the maneuvers required to protect the plant, people and the environment in an emergency using approved operating procedures.
- Ensure equipment are isolated during emergencies and should have knowledge and capacity for firefighting and rescue operation.
- Co-ordinate with the field operators and maintenance crews to prepare equipment for maintenance.
- Collaborate in the study and analysis of incidents and in developing reports.
- Collect and log operating data as required.
- Ensure Field Operators perform daily routine activities as per schedule and follow up the activities, recording it in the logbook and reporting to Chief Operations Supervisor.
- Participate in safety training, on the job training, firefighting exercises and use of fire /safety equipment.
- Maintain accurate records/ logs of trip switches and process alarms when by-passed for maintenance or other activities.
- Ensure proper hand-over of shift activities to the incoming shift control room operator. Stay in the own job area until shift relief is available during shift change.
Education and Personal Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in any Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of six (6) years’ working experience as Control room operator in a gas plant or any other oil and gas facility.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of equipment / plant operation and maintenance
- Working knowledge in SCADA system and PLC.
This position attracts a competitive remuneration package.
Applicationn Closing Date
3rd February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Code" as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
- Only applications that meet the relevant qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
- It is not the intention of the position description to limit the scope or accountabilities of the position but to highlight the most important aspects of the position. The aspects mentioned above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirement of the role such variations are common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the job.