Greenville LNG Company Limited is the pioneer Domestic LNG producer in Nigeria with the objective of extending gas supplies to regions not reached by gas pipelines thereby making available a competitive source of energy to boost the economy. Greenville LNG Plant is in Rumuji near Port-Harcourt and has customer locations in Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Enugu, Sokoto, Aba and other cities nationwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LNG Reliability Engineer
Job Code: LRE-5
Reliability Engineer identifies and manages asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant operations by ensuring loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management (LCAM).
- Develop strategies for reliability improvement initiatives for the LNG plant
- Facilitate, support and participate actively in the target setting review for Plant Management KPIs for Maintenance and Operations in the context of reliability and integrity.
- Review and analyse data on installation and operational practices and procedures affecting equipment reliability.
- Develop and maintain a structured database monitoring system for plant / line management to track incidences.
- Development and implementation of RCM methodology.
- Actively participate in reliability / integrity audit / inspection exercises
- Enhance Reliability culture involvement in co-ordinating programs for staff ownership and competency development to ensure the reliability and availability of equipment and facilities in conforming to the World Class Reliability requirements.
- Works with engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. The reliability engineer is responsible for adhering to the life cycle asset management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans. Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
- Develop maintenance strategies, spares, operating philosophy based on Risk and Reliability Management (RRM) principles like Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Plant Maintenance (PM) to improve system reliability and availability whilst optimising OPEX and increasing asset life through continuous improvement drive.
- Monitor and provide input to Reliability KPIs like Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Investigation and Bad actor action status and key leading and lagging indicator for Management Report and Reliability prediction.
- Promote Predictive maintenance and condition-based maintenance (CBM) approaches through regular reviews.
- Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- To fulfil this responsibility, the reliability engineer applies:
- Data analysis techniques that can include:
- Statistical process control
- Reliability modelling and prediction
- Fault tree analysis
- Weibull analysis
- Six Sigma (6σ) methodology
- Root cause analysis (RCA) and root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
- Failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system (FRACAS)
- Provide input and justification for annual and long-term budget requirements for rotating machines. Monitor and control budget for rotating equipment. Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions.
- Coordinate investigations and follow up action of major and equipment failures addressing technical, commercial and legal/insurance implications.
- Works with Production to perform analyses of assets including:
- Asset utilization
- Overall equipment effectiveness
- Remaining useful life
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability, and costs of assets
- Lead RCA (Root Cause Analysis) /Causal Learning discussion on failure investigations.
- Compliance Audit and Assurance function by providing support to management in facilitating maintenance and integrity compliance audits. Lead/facilitate PM assurance review and Asset Register verification exercise, and Process effectiveness review.
- Carry out analysis of operating modes and the updating of operating norms and procedures.
- Identify research opportunities and recommend novel techniques to enhance the reliability, capacity and cost-effectiveness of Equipment operations. Coordinate relevant research and development projects in the fields of reliability engineering, performance and condition monitoring, inspection and troubleshooting of rotating equipment.
Education and Personal Attributes
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ working experience as Reliability Engineer in oil and gas sector. Of this, at least 8 years reliability engineering experience in LNG plant:
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM)
- Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Reliability Availability Maintenance (RAM) modelling
- Statistical analysis methodologies such as growth analysis
- Proficient with the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry i.e., API, BS, ISO, ASME, etc.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and SAP.
This position attracts a competitive remuneration package.
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Code" as the subject of the email.
Click here for more Information
- Only applications that meet the relevant qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
- It is not the intention of the position description to limit the scope or accountabilities of the position but to highlight the most important aspects of the position. The aspects mentioned above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirement of the role such variations are common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the job.