Greenville LNG Company Limited is the pioneer Domestic LNG producer in Nigeria with the objective of extending gas supplies to regions not reached by gas pipelines thereby making available a competitive source of energy to boost the economy. Greenville LNG Plant is in Rumuji near Port-Harcourt and has customer locations in Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Enugu, Sokoto, Aba and other cities nationwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Power Plant Commissioning & Maintenance Engineer
Job Code: PCM-4
- This position is responsible for installation, commissioning, operation and Maintenance of electrical power plant equipment/systems within the plant for optimum plant reliability.
- Maintenance and operation of all plant’s electrical/mechanical power plant systems.
- Maintain record of Jenbacher and Wartsila gas engines, power plant assets & setup, mainly on Electrical & Mechanical, for the designated areas such as gas engines & generator technologies, existing DCS, governing, excitation and other mechanical & electrical BOP systems including customer purchasing plans and maintenance budget
- Preparation of electrical/mechanical operation and maintenance procedures for the power plant.
- Provision of detailed technical analysis of electrical/Mechanical equipment in the plant.
- Actively visit customer’s plants, participate in customer meetings, and connect customer needs with our products’ available options and solutions
- Deliver timely / accurate responses to customer technical inquiries including quick quote proposal and execution (for transactional opportunities) leveraging Greenville supports – Sales, Operations, and regasification teams.
- Provide hands on technical support to customers and field teams for general Electrical & Mechanical services and specific upgrades on power plants mainly Jenbacher and Wartsila gas engines.
- Provide detailed technical support to field technicians to ensure overall plant reliability and availability.
- Identify, study, propose, and implement area for improvement (project) in the field of electrical engineering to enhance operation and improve total equipment reliability. Participate in equipment testing and trials.
- Verify, approve and follow-up all maintenance work orders and conduct post-work order verification.
- Facilitate the configuration of control software and parameters based upon the site requirements / specific unit configurations (for control plant support).
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Line Manager
Education And Personal Attributes
- Bachelor's Degree / HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering disciplines.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in gas engines electro-mechanical field services i.e. maintenance, installation and commissioning or manufacturing especially for Jenbacher and Wartsila.
- Possess minimum of Jenbacher/Wartsila Commissioning Training Level 2 (CT2) and Advanced Field Technician (FTA) certifications
- Proficient knowledge of VBA, SQL, OPC, ODBC, MODBUS, networking, ALSPA and MarkVIe controls software
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, wiring schematics.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to do Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to understand and resolve problems.
- This position attracts a competitive remuneration package.
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume with the Job Code to: [email protected]
Click here for more Inforamtion
- It is not the intention of the position description to limit the scope or accountabilities of the position but to highlight the most important aspects of the position. The aspects mentioned above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirement of the role such variations are common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the job.
- Only applications that meet the relevant qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.