Sunrose Consulting Limited - Our client is a Manufacturer of Laundry and Toilet Soap in Nigeria. The company has an ultramodern manufacturing plant of laundry soap and soap noodles which it produces from local ingredients like palm oil, palm fatty acid and palm stearin. The company produces 3 variants of the toilet soap, 2 variants of Laundry soap & a Multi-purpose soap, with the capacity of the 150 MT per day.
In order to ensure delivery of its focused growth strategy, the company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager (Soap)
Employment Type: Full Time
- Reporting to the General Manager, you will plan, coordinate and control manufacturing processes so that products are delivered on time and within budget.
- As the Production Manager, you will make sure goods and services are produced safely, cost-effectively and on time and that they meet the required quality standards.
- You will be responsible for both human and material resources.
- As the Production Manager, you will oversee the production process, coordinating all production activities and operations.
You will need to:
- Plan and draw up a production schedule
- Decide on and order the resources that are required and ensure stock levels remain adequate
- Select equipment and take responsibility for its maintenance
- Set the quality standards
- Ensure that the production will be cost effective by estimating costs and negotiating and agreeing budgets with both clients and managers
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Monitor productivity rates and product standards and implement quality control programmes
- Organise the repair of any damaged equipment
- Liaise with different departments, teams and companies, e.g. suppliers, managers, clients
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times
- Ensure customer orders are completed on time and to budget and that quality standards and targets are met
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- Collate and analyse data, putting together production reports for management
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers
- Review worker performance and identify training needs.
- HND with at least 10 years work experience
- You must have a minimum of 5 years successful production management experience; plant saponification experience is required.
- You must have strong planning and organisation skills and ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems.
- You must have the capacity to grasp complex concepts easily.
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality, the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients, strong negotiation skills for getting materials within budget at the right time, ability to work under pressure and multitask, strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others to meet deadlines are essential for this role.
- In addition, you must have a results-driven approach to work and ability to work in a logical, systematic manner. You must be proficient in relevant computer applications.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.