Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Country Office: Nigeria Country Office
Position Reports to: SI Advisor
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will assist in the development and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the JHPIEGO Nigeria Country Office.
- S/he will work closely with program and technical staff of assigned projects to maintain monitoring frameworks that are accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive.
- S/he will work closely with the Quality Improvement Coordinators and SI Advisors in collating and submitting monthly and quarterly data through relevant platforms, including DHIS2. S/he will also perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will support all Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives and data related activities of assigned projects.
- The M&E Assistant will participate in conducting routine data quality validation/audit and provide regular feedbacks to improve the quality of data in all supported sites and among the different stakeholders.
- S/he will support the process of collecting, collating and reporting all data tracked by assigned projects.
- Support the process of building the capacity of health care providers in quality data collection, analysis, dissemination and use of health information at the state and health facility levels.
- The M&E Assistant will work closely with the SI Advisors of assigned projects in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst project staff and continuously propose strategies to properly capture progress and document lessons learned.
- Support the preparation of reports e.g. quarterly, annual and other program reports in a timely manner
- Participate in training of facility staff, research assistants and perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Public Health or equivalent in any discipline in the Social Sciences.
- At least 2 - 3 years’ post-NYSC working experience in the implementation and management of health Strategic Information systems (MNH programming preferred).
- High-level computer skills using MS Excel, SPSS and/or SAS and Epi-Info Windows
- Attention to detail and accuracy in basic data management, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others on monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring will be an added advantage
- Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation;
- Self-motivated, proactive with a positive attitude to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent and working knowledge of electronic medical records, DHIS2 etc.
- Good knowledge of National Health Information Management System
- Good knowledge of electronic data collection tools such as ODK, REDCAP etc.
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected]g using "Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant" as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org