Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Officer
- The KM/Communications Officer will be responsible for knowledge management, general communications, and learning functions for Jhpiego Nigeria.
- The officer will bridge the relevant work done by in-country projects and Jhpiego headquarters, and work closely with colleagues to identify KM needs as well as harness and package knowledge for dissemination through different means to Jhpiego staff, clients, and partner organizations.
- The KM/Communications Officer will be responsible for developing well written information and knowledge products and other communication pieces with high quality photos, videos, infographics or stories for Jhpiego Nigeria.
- Identify creative and effective ways to generate and share knowledge with a view to leveraging good practices and improving programs.
- Works closely with other Jhpiego staff to develop information products and learning material;
- Define and produce diverse knowledge; evidence- based articles, resource guide.
- Develop infographics using supplied data to present core messages and organize complex information into visual representations;
- Ensure cohesion of knowledge and learning activities in-country.
- Strictly ensure that Jhpiego standards for quality assurance for communication materials are always maintained.
- Actively participate in the development of annual work plans and any specialized technical planning or reporting;
- Undertake duties as specified by the Country Director and other assigned authorities.
- Develops capacity building activities for staff to enhance their ability to communicate about project achievements/position Jhpiego and provide editorial services for documents and presentations, including formatting, style and accuracy of a text, grammar and punctuation and copy editing
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development, or related field,
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in knowledge management and communications; i) public health; and ii) Infographics iii) USAID development projects;
- In addition, s/he should demonstrate competencies in communicating to a wide range of stakeholders and audiences as well as excellent report writing, facilitation and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrate good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected]g using "Knowledge Management and Communications Officer" as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org