Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager - GANC
Job Type: Consultancy
Career Category: Program / Project Management
- The BMGF Group ANC project manager will be responsible for providing the vision, leadership and direction to ensure the strategic, programmatic, technical, and financial integrity of the project is met.
- He / She will develop, maintain, strengthen and expand a collaborative approach with all key stakeholders whilst equally serving as the primary point of contact with the State Ministry of Health and its agencies and other stakeholders.
- The project will operate for an approximately 2-year period.
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Technical Leadership Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and direction to ensure that the GANC program is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of Nigeria and the donor.
- Assist with coordinating the necessary technical input from partners required for key activities and work closely with external stakeholders, consultants and experts as required.
- Contribute / coordinate with program's M&E of activities to ensure that the program meets set targets in accordance with national standards.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders, including FMOH / SMOH officials, and other stakeholders for smooth implementation.
- Work collaboratively with other program team members to ensure that necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Coordinate with the Country Director for successful delivery of technical assistance and implementation of program activities.
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances with other partners.
- Liaise with Jhpiego’ s Nigeria Technical Leadership Office on activity design
- Ensure compliance with the program agreement results and the oversight of program activities to achieve the stated objectives.
- Provide technical leadership in the design, analysis, and synthesis of intervention.
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results.
- Write and / or review technical components of materials and publications related to the project and its development.
- Work closely with Jhpiego Nigeria office staff to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation.
- Contribute to annual work planning, training plans and quarterly reports.
- Provide mentoring to State / LGA stakeholders during implementation of activities based on the plan developed for transfer of responsibility.
- Lead the development of the two-year plan for transfer of responsibility and implementation to State Stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with program team and headquarters staff to assure proper program and financial reporting, spending and compliance with program terms and conditions.
- Evaluate program progress against deliverables on a quarterly basis.
- Promote and support the dissemination of the program's best practices and lessons learned among the program team, key stakeholders, including the MOH, local partners, and other collaborators.
- Coordinate timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donor, including progress and annual reports.
- Any other duties as applicable.
- Bachelor's degree in Social / Behavioral Sciences, Public Administration, LLB or Health related courses. Master's degree in Public Health or any field will be an added advantage
- Experience working in GOVERNMENT or Donor funded programs
- Experience in RH / FP / MNCH /
- At least seven years of experience living and working in Nigeria, including supporting implementation of state-level programs
- Familiarity with the National Health Strategic Plan / National Community Strategy
- Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Strong programming, management and technical skills
- Has sensitivity and understanding of the beneficiary population
- Set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Dynamic personality and a team player
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS word, Excel and PowerPoint
Required Abilities / Skills:
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using "Program Manager" as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer