Eden Solutions & Resources Limited - Our client, a renowned International school with British Curriculum located in Abuja is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist
Location: APO, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ideal candidate will provide direct technical support to the teaching and learning of science based subjects, carrying out risk assessments as appropriate and ensuring all laboratory/science based teaching activities are carried out in accordance with school policies and best practices.
- Liaise with academic staff to discuss timetables, equipment requirements and work plans
- Run trials of experiments prior to classes and then demonstrate techniques for experiments
- Prepare equipment and chemicals before lessons - from test tubes to state-of-the-art microscopes
- Maintain and repair equipment and laboratory apparatus
- Keep records, e.g. for students' practical sessions, tracking methods and results
- Ensure that equipment is properly cleaned and that chemicals, drugs and other materials are appropriately stored
- Catalogue recordings and make them available when requested (if the department houses audiovisual resources)
- Support the work of teachers in classes and laboratory sessions and give technical advice to staff and students
- Work with individual students and support them on research projects
- Manage the stock control of chemicals and equipment
- Contribute to high-level research, if working at university level
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures are understood and followed correctly
- Coordinate work in the laboratory to ensure efficient use is made of expensive pieces of equipment.
- Conducting risk assessments and carrying out staff supervision and training.
Requirements / Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree in Science Laboratory Technology or any related field
- At least 4 years experiences as a Laboratory Technologist in an International School
- Excellent scientific and technical knowledge and good IT skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Team working Skills to work successfully with a team of technicians
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.