Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- SIF is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual for the position of Finance & Admin officer to work in SIF base office in Maiduguri
- The tasks described in this job description are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the Finance & Admin officer may be requested to perform further tasks related to his/her responsibilities.
- The Finance & Admin officer is under the Administrative coordinator responsibility for all operational aspects, he also works in close cooperation with all the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report technically to the Admin Coordinator.
Implementation of Financial & Admin Procedures:
- Assist in maintaining all financial & Human resources systems for the SIF Country/Field offices, and ensure full compliance with SIF financial (SOP’s).
- To maintain up-to date knowledge of and implement national government requirements and regulations related to financial matters such as income tax, Sales Taxes, social security deductions etc.
- Ensure the full confidentiality regarding financial and human resources information.
Cash and Bank Management:
- Withdraw Cash from the bank account under Admin Coordinator or Head of Mission request.
- Management of the Cashbox & bank (Verify before payment that all the receipts/invoices/Taxes/social security etc are correctly filled and eligible for SIF accountancy (indicating: date, details of the supplier, clearly written the amount with the stamp PAID);
- Daily update of the accountancy (Cash & Bank) according to the project activities and Finance and Administration needs;
- Perform daily cash count singly and weekly with the Administrative Coordinator and to archive cash inventory every day.
- Supervise and follow-up all monthly payments (Per Diem, Salaries, House and Phone rental, Vehicle rental, etc) at the base level
- Post all the financial transaction in the relevant excel sheet compatible with Saga function & ensure the all transactions are correctly allocated according to relevant accounting Head, budget Line, Project code etc.
- Timely inform the line management if there is any difference between books.
- Remain vigilant to circumstances which indicate risk of theft.
Monthly/Yearly Closure of Accountancy:
- Collect the statement of Bank Accounts by the 1st of the following month;
- Fill properly the monthly reconciliation form for each cash and bank, to be signed for approval by the Admin Coordinator;
- Prepare all closure documents for monthly/yearly closure in order to meet HQ requirements.
- Update the status of all outstanding cash advances and security deposits.
- Chase the open advances that remain outstanding for more than one month.
- Assist Admin Coordinator in the recruitment (fill candidates Data, test & interview arrangement etc.)
- Assist admin coordinator for candidate’s orientation & training.
- Maintained recruitment & personal file for candidates
- Assist admin coordinator to maintained HR data base
- Keep leave record of relevant staff on monthly bases
- Assist the regional Admin in conducting and coordinating Internal/external audit of SIF and coordinating (donor, audit firm, government, etc.).
- Ensure and facilitate the communication and information sharing within the team and the department, and contribute to the team responsibilities;
- Work in close collaboration with other departments.
- Keep original vouchers at Maiduguri base by ensuring that all procedures are met.
- Scan and archive copies of finance vouchers & send with monthly accountancy to the HQ.
- Keep employee HR files at base in systematic way.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Admin Coordinator and/or Head of Mission and that are compatible with the job.
- Degree in Finance with minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working with INGOs.
- Previous experience in working with emergency & Développent projets
- Facilitations and training of the staff on financial matters
- Cash and bank management
- Accounts preparation & Closing
- Computer skills (MS Excel)
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English; ability to speak Hausa and/or Kanuri is a plus.
- Organisation skills,
- Sense of responsibilities,
- Analysis and coordination skills,
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Capacity to prioritize,
- Strong humanitarian motivation.
- The position is based in SIF main office, Maiduguri
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application with an updated CV and Cover Letter (including 3 referees with their current official contacts) to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Kindly please mention clearly in the e-mail, Cover Letter and CV your name as consecutive order: 1) First name; 2) Surname; 3) Other names.
- Mandatory: The email subject line should be marked: "Finance & Admin Officer".
- Candidates from Borno state are encouraged to apply