Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Export Logistics Officer (Cement Industry)
Reference No.: Exportlogistics002
Location: Onne, Rivers
Employment Type: Full time
- Provide support for the logistics function by managing export loading activities at assigned (on-loading and transloading) at assigned destination to ensure overall orderliness and efficiency of loading operations.
- Coordinates export activities including reviewing documents received from DCP Plant, tracing incoming shipments/Trucks with creating arrival notices and planning for customs clearance with broker and handling delivery instructions.
- Ensure Liaising with Border Customs, Immigration, NDLEA, Police, Communities and DSS to smooth the process of exporting clinker/Cement to International Countries
- Generate, file, maintain up-to-date customer records, reports, documentation, database, etc.
- Ensure all documentation meets 100% export regulations (commercial / Final invoices, shipper export declaration, etc).
- Arrange trucks movement to international destinations, making booking, preparing, and processing documentation.
- Manage relationships with DCP plant Logistics Officer and DCT employees to smooth the process of exporting clinker/Cement to International Countries
- Prepared and hand over DCT trucks to customers’ agents after crossing the border.
- Ability to work in a blended operations and customer development role.
- Ability to handle International drop-shipments per business standard operations procedure.
- Responsible for Packing trucks at the border, crossing, and labelling small sample shipments.
- Ensure safe and time passage of trucks through borders.
- Ensure that all clearance documents are ready for border crossing.
- Report any challenges on either side of the border.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in logistics management
Skills and Behaviours:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies, and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements.
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date