Deloitte Nigeria - Our client, an Educational Institution in the Eastern part of Nigeria is looking to recruit highly qualified professionals for the role below:
Job Title: University Bursar
Location: Imo, Nigeria
- The University Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the University. He/she will be in charge of the three broad functions of a CFO namely:
- Financial Controls
- Treasury Management including relationships with financial institutions and
- Financial Planning and Budgeting.
- He/she shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the financial affairs of the University.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates should have a Bachelor of Science Degree or its equivalent in Accountancy / Finance
- Possess relevant professional qualifications such as ACCA or ACA or ANAN or ACMA, etc
- A minimum of 15 years post qualification cognate experience in a University or equivalent institutions.
- Candidate should have at least (3) years' experience at the level not below a Deputy Bursar in a University or headed Bursary of comparable Institution or a Financial Controller in a Corporate organization.
- Candidates who possess FCA, MBA or M.Sc. in relevant discipline will have obvious advantage
- Candidate(s) must be ICT proficient
- He/she must possess leadership qualities, people management skills, courageous in enforcing compliance with University Financial Regulations, dependable with unassailable integrity and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Similarly, successful candidate may be required to work long hours and quick in generating solutions to complex problems.
- The Bursar shall be required to possess skills in financial reporting, treasury management, business planning and analysis, budgeting, forecasting and cost controls, tax planning/management and advanced knowledge of accounting software.
- Candidates for the positions of Registrar and University Librarian must not be above the age of Fifty-nine (59) years by October 2020.
- In consonance with the University Law 2020, the appointment of University Bursar is for a single TERM of five  years respectively.
- Also note that the salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Bursars of State Universities and by the Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- In addition to your CV and other relevant documents, candidate must submit a mission and vision for the University in the next five(5) years in not more than 1,500 words
- All qualified candidates are advised to arrange all application documents (including application cover letter, CV, vision statement (where applicable) and copies of academic and professional certificates, etc) in one document (PDF Format). The PDF documents should be titled their Names (first and surname) and position applied for (For example, John Okoro - Job Title)
- All applicants are to provide valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of their referees. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via their email addresses/telephone numbers.