Paelyt is an innovative financial services company (payments, loans, and savings), and technology solutions provider. We possess several money lending products, including Traders / agents, Device financing, Supplier financing, Salaries etc.
Our payment platform, Paytrx, facilitates seamless and secure payments across several online and offline channels. Through partnerships with clients our solutions are functional at key banks and financial institutions. Our primary focus is on business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-business-to-customer(B2B2C) financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Accountant
Location: Lekki Pennisula, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to recruit a Junior Accountant who will contribute to the development of our business.
- The Junior Accountant is responsible to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. He / She will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
- He / She will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit daily / weekly / monthly reports as defined by the organisation
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly / yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting and operations projects
- Any other duty as determined from time to time by your supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
- 1-3 years of financial experience and management experience post NYSC
- Past working experience in a big 4 or tier 1 company is also required.
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant accounting software (i.e SAGE, SAP, etc)
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with "Job title" as subject of the email.