Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: NCO Communications Intern - Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract
Reports to: Director, Programme Operations
Derect Reports: None
Department: Operations, Finance and Performance
About the Role
The NCO Communications intern - Neglected Tropical Diseases will report to the NCO Director of Programme Operations. We are looking for an energetic, proactive individual to support the NCO’s NTD communications activities, for an internship of 12 months, on a full time (Monday –Friday basis) starting in February 2021.
- To support the NCO NTDs Team to develop and deliver high-profile, integrated communications projects and assets.
- To provide excellent administrative support and setup key project meetings as regards communication potentials among the NCO NTD projects.
- An opportunity to gain professional experience and develop skills within the communications and development sector.
- Work within the NTD Communications team to support the day-to-day running of the office, including research for communications initiatives, support creating communications content, and picking up any aspects of Sightsavers NTD communications activity as requested. This could include:
- Developing communications materials to support NTD initiatives.
- Research to support developing communications activity and social media outreach.
- Track and report on results of communications activity
- Setting up and minuting key meetings.
- Administrative duties connected to NTDs communications and media.
- Brief in work and follow up on progress with internal teams or external agencies
- Building good working relationships with internal and external stakeholder.
Key Relationships (Internal):
- Country NTD Adviser
- Country Trachoma Coordinator
- Program Managers
- State Programme teams
- Sightsavers NTD Comms team UK
- Ascend Knowledge, Innovations and Learning team Sightsavers UK Key.
- Government agencies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- We are looking for someone with a degree and/or significant interest in the field or related work experience.
- We are looking for a hard working individual with good organisational skills which are required to meet reactive workloads and daily and weekly deadlines.
- As a keen learner you will be involved in all aspects of communications from the research phase right through to developing content.
- The ideal candidate will also have a strong digital and content focused interest and have the ability to be creative across a range of different platforms.
- The suitable applicant should have excellent communication and creative skills, the ability to use their own initiative and to work independently.
- Experience writing communications materials,using image editing tools and an interest in public health would all be desirable.
- This is a hands-on internship, so passionate, enthusiasm and a desire to learn all things communications, media and NTDs.
Local Terms and Conditions apply
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information
- Please be aware that due to an expected high response to this role we may close the ability to submit applications before the above mentioned close date.
- Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society.
- We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
- Sightsavers does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.