Paelyt is an innovative financial services company (payments, loans, and savings), and technology solutions provider. We possess several money lending products, including Traders/agents, Device financing, Supplier financing, Salaries etc.
Our payment platform, Paytrx, facilitates seamless and secure payments across several online and offline channels. Through partnerships with clients our solutions are functional at key banks and financial institutions. Our primary focus is on business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-business-to-customer(B2B2C) financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Lekki Pennisula, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time (Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand)
Reports To: Head of Accounting Department
Start Date: Immediate
Probation Period: 6 months
- The Accountant is responsible for the monitoring and controlling of Company's finances and setting of budgets. In addition, is responsible and accountable for the accuracy, quality and validity of all financial transactions and production of periodical and statutory financial statements and other agreed management reports.
- Develops the annual budget with inputs from departmental heads.
- Responsible for the preparation of management accounts and financial reports.
- Ensures that all contracts and expenses are in line with budget and have been awarded at competitive rates.
- Responsible for financial reconciliations and reports.
- Be responsible for overseeing and managing payables, receivables.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting system.
- Reviews the monthly payroll prepared to ensure that the amount to be paid corresponds to the terms of the employeeâ€™s contract.
- Develop, maintain, and analyses budgets, prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Support auditors to ensure financial audits are completed.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the company is up to date with its statutory filings and payments e.g. FIRS< WHT, VAT, etc.
- Develop and continuously improve on the companyâ€™s accounting policies, procedures, manuals, key performance indicators etc.
- Work with product managers to develop generic and customized reports to track the financial performance of their products.
- Support the finance team as it relates to treasury functions, financial modelling, and other accounting advisory matters.
- Approve all vouchers, Invoices and cheques, Transfers and other forms of payments.
- B.Sc or MSc in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations preferred, ICAN, ACCA
- Preference for 2nd class upper and above.
- 2+ years of financial experience a plus
- 1 to 2 years management experience a plus
- Completion of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program (required).
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to set priorities
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- Will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. Also work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the "Job title" as the subject of the email.