Phase3 Telecom is an aerial fiber optic network infrastructure provider, providing connectivity, network management and data storage services to wholesale, enterprise and retail customers across West Africa.The company was incorporated in 2003 and is headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NOC Shift Engineer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Organization / Department: Phase3 Telecom / Network Operations Center
Reporting Manager: Head of Network Operations Center
- The NOC Engineer is pivotal to service management as s/he oversees network surveillance and incident management activities which are at the core of the business.
- The NOC Engineer is to ensure maximum service availability and performance; to provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams.
- 24/7 network monitoring and surveillance via the NMS.
- Perform network alarm analysis, correlation and interpretation
- Opening and recording of incident details of trouble-ticket whenever there is an incident on the network 0-10mins/
- Escalation of incident to line manager.
- Manage the communication with the field support engineers and other third party on the SLA/KPI fulfillment.
- Generate network availability and daily performance reports.
Academy and Education background:
- HND/BSC in Electrical Engineering /Telecommunication/Electronic/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 0-2 years of experience in network operations (SDH & WDM)
- Can carry out testing using IP and optical network tools
- Knowledge of IP/MPLS network platforms
- LAN management
- Network troubleshooting
- IP address management
- Ability to manage network monitoring platforms
- Customer management and support
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of Access and Transmission networks.
- Good Knowledge of data analytics, Microsoft Excel and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to think quickly, take the initiative and willingness to make judgment calls.
- Customer management.
- Team ethics.
- Reports generation and handling.
- Documentation and attention to details.
- Incident and problem management.
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.