Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Technical Services - Cement Industry
Job ID: HeadOffice-TS001
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Department: DCP - Operations
Reporting Line: Reports to the Plant Director
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the coordination and definition of technical and plant performance-related strategies and standards.
- Define R&D & Product Development strategy; identify and develop products for new markets.
- Oversee product testing to ensure that all products meet quality, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Manage BOMs and ensure that product and engineering changes are processed in accordance with the QMS.
- Manage all regulatory, quality and compliance requirements and ensure documentation is up to date and in line with current legislation.
- Lead the Technical team by inspiring and motivating. Ensure personal development training plans are in place.
- Liaise with customers, commercial and marketing to establish and maintain Product and Technology Roadmaps.
- Ensuring well-organised communication of decisions and current developments.
- Developing and implementing standardized reporting functions, work instructions for optimising the process chains.
- Provides guidance to the BU Executive Team to contribute to expected Technical performance of the Plants.
- Ensuring a high-end operation and maintenance of plants.
- Comply with all relevant company and statutory environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
Education and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or Design related discipline
- Postgraduate Degree preferred;
- Membership of an internationally recognized professional body preferred.
- Excellent technical and leadership capabilities. Working knowledge of key Technical relations issues (preferably in emerging countries), standards (e.g. IFC, World Bank Group and AfDB standards and guidelines) and practices across a spectrum including development projects and operations;
- Be able to respond under pressure with presence and poise to the public and media;
- Possess a style of clear and effective communication, both oral and written. Superior level of cross-cultural communication skills including public relations, negotiation, liaison, information sharing and conflict resolution;
- Have the skill and attitude to act in a proactive manner to anticipate problems and solve existing problems in the context of operational requirements.
- Able to listen to opinions, formulate recommendations in a confident and constructive manner
Key Role Qualification Required:
- 20+ year’s industry experience (cement preferred) including relevant project site operational experience in emerging countries, preferably in Africa;
- Understand customer needs and be able to turn requirements into innovative strategic solutions.
- Promote a teamwork culture and build effective relationships across the business
- Track record in influencing positive organizational change inside organisation and community management role preferably in an international setting;
- Development and implementation of Integrated Management Systems according to IFC Performance Standards and ISO14001 / ISO45001 international standards;
- Be practical, hands on with a 'can do' attitude.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date