Ascentech Services Limited - Our client, a leading ISP (Internet Service Provider) operates in a complex, highly competitive and regulated telecommunication market environment in which a broad range of issues impact on strategic and business development.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regulatory Compliance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting To: General Manager: Admin & HR
- Regulation and Public Policy falls within the Corporate Affairs department. The role of Regulatory Compliance Manager will be particularly focused on ensuring compliance with Telecoms Regulations and in drafting and coordinating company positions on key policy matters with particular emphasis on those that have an impact on commercial strategy and pricing.
- Oversee and ensure the organization’s compliance with Telecommunication Regulations
- Advise and coordinate the development of company views on Telecoms policy matters
- Aid and assist the organization in submitting regulatory data
- Support internal business divisions on relevant regulatory aspects of commercial dealings as and when required
- Aid and assist in the representation of Company’s interests before national regulatory authorities and relevant government departments in all areas pertaining to telecommunications regulation
- Coordinate and support the business in responding to all consultations on regulated telecommunications markets
- Represent at relevant telecommunication industry fora
- Work hand in hand with management and staff to identify and manage regulatory risk
- Ensuring that the company is equipped with internal controls that adequately measure and manage the risks it faces.
- Develop appropriate disciplinary measures in place in the event of a regulatory breach in order to avoid a future recurrence
- Creating and implementing organizational policies, standards, and procedures to comply with applicable regulations
- Maintaining open lines of communication with all relevant decision-makers and stakeholders in order to keep all parties informed of regulatory changes
- Organizing regular training sessions for employees in order to efficiently communicate key regulatory changes and updates
- BA/MA in Law, Economics, Political Science, or other related disciplines
- At least 5 years work experience with a telecoms operator, consultancy, Government institution or Regulatory agency in the area of commercial product pricing or regulatory finance
- Experience with Nigeria federal and state regulatory compliance in the telecommunications industry
- Knowledge of the wider telecoms/ ICT sector
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent inter-personal skills and strong written and communication skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in a small team with limited supervision
- Competent computer literacy skills particularly with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commercial, regulatory backgrounds with a strong technical understanding of the cable or telecoms sectors, their networks and product offerings
- Practical experience of the telecommunications regulatory arena
- Experience of working in a multinational, corporate or large scale organization where relationship building and influencing across diverse stakeholder groups is essential.
- Demonstrable strategic outlook, commercial awareness, financial acumen
- Relationship building, influencing and consulting across diverse stakeholder groups.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.