Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a registered National NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions in the area of humanitarian emergency response and development. Currently, we have physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The Project Manager leads both the technical aspects and the overall management of the project. S/he is responsible for the planning, management, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the project within the implementing LGAs and state.
- S/he provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes. S/he facilitates the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable contributions with the overall goal and set targets as contained in the project documents and the partnership agreement, while adopting GREENCODE and partners approach and strategies.
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the National Coordinator. The position will be based in Maiduguri and will include frequent travels to other LGAs.
- Under the supervision of the National Coordinator, you are in charge of the proper implementation and completion of a set of complex Projects implemented in the North East as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
- More precisely, you will be in charge of ensuring efficient, effective, quality and timely implementation of the entire Education in Emergency (EiE) project in Borno state.
- Managing and support the project team in the area of improved capacity building and M/E, quality reporting and inter-personal communication.
- Maintaining comprehensive records and reporting in a timely manner and in standard that meets donor/partner quality.
- Assisting in wider organizational development through learning and resource mobilization e.g proposal development
- Managing external relations related to the project (s)
- A holder of a Bachelor's degree / HND in Gender studies or Education and or Master's degree in Project management or Social Sciences, Humanities / or development would be an added advantage.
- Experienced in project cycle management for at least 3 to 5 years in a national or International NGO(s).
- Excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership, quality reporting and inter-personal communication skills.
- Demonstrate experiences in financial management, preparation and tracking of budgets for programming.
- Familiar with external donor reporting and regulations and have an experience in managing at least medium teams.
- Experience in Education in Emergency (EiE) project in complex and multisector emergency responses and sector coordination.
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda.
- Flexible, creative and innovative and promote team building.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] with the position applied as subject addressed to the email address and also request for the Competency form.
- Only application submitted together with the completed competency form shall be review for shortlisting.
- Equal opportunities for female candidates to apply.